485/Address Changes

Hrishikesh

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am in I-485 at NSC (RD - Jun 2004) and have changed my address. Apart from the usual AR-11 form is there anything else I should be doing? I have read some good/bad stories about address changes, so if there is anything in particular I should be taking care of please let me know. Thanks

Rishi

you should call NSC and update the address on the application also.
For adult, the person should be present on phone

During the course of my I-485, I changed my address several times. I filed AR-11 forms and wrote a letter to NSC general address at the same time. In my letter, I told them my old address and new address, my A#, my I-485's Lin #, and my name etc. If you have a spouse, do the same separately. On the envelope, write something like "Change of Address". It worked for me.

Both are different

As far as I know from lawyer, INS means USCIS is different than Home Land Security.

Your AR-11 goes to Home land security , london kentucky. But u still have to call INS and change the address with them which is used for ur 485 communications. Correct me If I am mistaken.

address change

HRUSHI
just call the 1800 number and let them know....for all people involved . ur last update dates will change and u will receive an address change notification letter for each person.