42% of I-485 PD=Feb 2005 processed ?

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
www.immigrationwatch.com shows that 42% of I-485 applications received on Feb 2005 have been processed.

The logic here is that I don't think that 42% of applications are EB2, right ?
Therefore it may be the case that I-485 applications affected by the DOS cut-off dates have been processed by USCIS even though the visa numbers are unavailable ? That would be so good...

Funny is that we don't hear people affected by cut-off dates getting RFE's...

amazing website

Where did you find this website?
It has amazing statistics.

Question is who is running it and how authentic it is?

Regards
GCStrat :)

I have a feeling that is authentic, because you can see people in their newsgroups talking about actual cases which were approved.

The problem is that let me take that back:42% of I-485 filed on Feb 2005 have been approved, not processed. The question whether I-485's are being processed while in retrogression remains unknown. I guess that if it were, we would be getting RFE's by now...

gcstrat said:
Where did you find this website?
It has amazing statistics.

Question is who is running it and how authentic it is?

Regards
GCStrat :)

Getting an RFE means something??

I have gotten RFE on my 485 application which was filed on 9/30/05. Usual thing - asked me to prove my legal status on certain dates. My understanding was they process the application since it was received before 10/01/05 but will not approve or issue a visa since the PD is not current..

Please correct me if I am wrong..

I hope that is true for all of us. That is a good sign because if the I-485 applications have been processed, I imagine that once the cut-off dates move at our beyound our respective priority dates, hopefully we would get closer to the GC. But who knows when these cut-off dates will move ahead 2002...

araj_98 said:
I have gotten RFE on my 485 application which was filed on 9/30/05. Usual thing - asked me to prove my legal status on certain dates. My understanding was they process the application since it was received before 10/01/05 but will not approve or issue a visa since the PD is not current..

Please correct me if I am wrong..

Does the statistic apply to Employment Based 485's only? Is it possible that many of these are family based?

That's an awesome website. Yea.. I hope the information they claim is valid. But looking at the application EAC numbers, they seems to be authentic. If its not, they don't have to give you that level of details. Interesting..

Those who have not visited, please have a look

www. immigrationwatch.com

Thanks Marlon for posting the url of the site. The site was awesome. Some statistics are interesting. It says for I485, the fastest case was approved in one day in 2005 and the slowest 369 days at NSC.

Many of the I-485's that were received in Feb 2005 and have since been processed could have had a very old priority date. Those that took very long to get their labor approved, and the labor substitution cases, would be like that.

485 processing

the immigwatch.com is down so i couldn't verify the stats. Reading everyone's comments i am a little confused.
Which service centre has processed 42% of the 485 apps?
TSC is processing 485 apps from July 25/05 onwards. India's 485 are retrogressed back to aug/2001. So where does 42% of 485 been processed/approved fit in here?
It's encouraging news but having been stuck in the rut for the last 3.5 yrs also makes one delusional. I know i have become that way. Any answers fellows?

P.S.: the one who got RFE'd on 485, when did you get the RFE? I keep getting LUD's on my 140 long after its approved. Wonder if that has anything to do w/my 485.

Thanks
Bobby

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bobby,

First thing is do not rely 100% on data provided by immigrationwatch.com.
Secondly they are saying 485 processed which Notice Date of July 25/05 not Priority Date and visa bulletin shows PD.

BobbySingh said:
the immigwatch.com is down so i couldn't verify the stats. Reading everyone's comments i am a little confused.
Which service centre has processed 42% of the 485 apps?
TSC is processing 485 apps from July 25/05 onwards. India's 485 are retrogressed back to aug/2001. So where does 42% of 485 been processed/approved fit in here?
It's encouraging news but having been stuck in the rut for the last 3.5 yrs also makes one delusional. I know i have become that way. Any answers fellows?

P.S.: the one who got RFE'd on 485, when did you get the RFE? I keep getting LUD's on my 140 long after its approved. Wonder if that has anything to do w/my 485.

Thanks
Bobby

I am very much confused looking at that site too. I don't think their information is valid. But what is tempting me is, going into the detail of each case and displaying the case number is pretty interesting. Its hard to think that they are simply making it up.

Today, their status is almost same as yesterday's status but it comes as 'Todays' approval' etc.,

Today's approval does not mean cases are approved today.
If you look at the cases they are approved recently Jan 2006 or Dec 2005
lateguy said:
I am very much confused looking at that site too. I don't think their information is valid. But what is tempting me is, going into the detail of each case and displaying the case number is pretty interesting. Its hard to think that they are simply making it up.

Today, their status is almost same as yesterday's status but it comes as 'Todays' approval' etc.,

PD:8/31/05

I140/485/765/131 Fedex on 09/29/05
TSC received 09/30/05

Checks Cashed: 11/7/2005
Receipt Date: 9/30/2005
Notice Date: 11/03/2005

RFE I765/I131: 11/23/2005 (didnt need to respond)

I131 Approved: 11/28/2005 LUD 01/22/2006
I765/EAD Approved: 12/23/2005 LUD 01/22/2006
I140 Approved: 12/27/2005 LUD 01/22/2006

I485 LUD: 12/28/2005, RFE: 12/29/2005 LUD: 01/22/2006

Biometrics RD: 01/18/2006 Scheduled for 02/07/2006