4 years and 9 months

it is 5 years minus 90 days = 2/24

It'll be safer to wait until the 26th (or 29th) to sign, date and send the forms so there is no question about the 90 day date calculation.
If USCIS sends your application back - even by mistake - you'll lose 2 weeks by the time you get the application back to them - so wait the extra day or two before sending in your app and there won't be any question as to whether it was filed too early.

i would also suggest 2-3 extra weeks ....

The other risks for early applications for 90 days rules:
a) Decison can not be made letter and further delay if interview takes place before 5 year date
OR
b) USCIS can technically challange LPR status if it discovers an error for granting LPR status before 5 year anniversary...

Last edited by a moderator:
i would also suggest 2-3 extra weeks ....

The other risks for early applications for 90 days rules:
a) Decison can not be made letter and further delay if interview takes place before 5 year date
OR
b) USCIS can technically challange LPR status if it discovers an error for granting LPR status before 5 year anniversary...

Didn't think about 'b' above and for some, that would be the overriding factor for when they apply, but one can always handle 'a' by going late to their fingerprint appointment. That way you can somewhat control your interview date.
...As I wait to get my approval after being interviewed 16 days before my eligibility - Hindsight is 20-20 ;)

DreamUSA, I'm sure you meant "naturalization" rather than "LPR status" in your point( b). I agree. There are too many posts expressing frustration about being told to come back on a yet to be decided date after the interview. The timing of your application should be carefully considered especially in jurisdictions that are likely to process more expeditiously than the average posted processing times.

Thank you guys for your responses, i think i will wait couple days to be on the safe side. Thanks a million...