4 Year 1day rule

ris12hi

Registered Users (C)
I was interviewed on June 28 2005, the INS officer asked all the questions, I passed the "test". Then she said I will have to come back again when they will specifically talk about my absence from U.S. and I need to bring any documents that will proove I was connected to U.S. when I was out.

My travel dates:
Left July 27 1998 came back July 1 2000 been in US ever since till now June 30 2005 except 3 vacations which were 3 weeks each every year.

Filed for N400 on July 13 2004

I was a student at the time I was out of US and I stayed with my uncle in US for a month before going back so I didnot have bank accounts, car or house in US from July 98 to July 2000.

The only things I have are my GRE test scores, univeristy acceptance letters, Selective Services Registration.

Will this be enough?
Do they call everyone again in most of the 4 year 1day cases or I am fell in some special category?

Please advice , any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I have the reentry permit and I showed it to the officer. She said "She understands what I am saying but she cannot make the descision."

I applied under the 4+1 rule but was not asked to return for a second interview. I was given a form to complete and was instructed to have it notarized and returned within 1 month and 3 days. Most questions related to employment abroad but the officer asked me to provide proof that I was a student. I sent a copy of my official high school transcript, copy of my HS diploma, and a picture of my graduation ceremony of me standing in front of the banner (just in case they questioned the other documents) and another copy of my re-entry permit along with the notarized form.
By the way, did you have a re-entry permit? I think you must have a re-entry permit in order to qualify under the 4+1 rule.

YesI had the re entry permit when I left, I still have it. They gave me a form N14 which asks me to bring copies of documents, like car registration, lease, bank transactions, school records on the next appointment date. The form itself says send these via mail but the officer scratched that and gave me Sep 1 2005 to come in with these documents.

Has anyone else gone through this? Please advice if you have any information regarding this process.

ris12hi said:
The only things I have are my GRE test scores, univeristy acceptance letters, Selective Services Registration.

Will this be enough?
School transcript may be a better piece of evidence for your university attendance.