4 Status and LUD Changes in a Row

skyblue_more

Registered Users (C)
Please see my signature for my case info.

All these status update and LUDs for my wife happened after TCS received our reply for reference. But my status is still no change at all. Any Guru can predict what will happen for my case?

In addition, I am leaving for business travel for two weeks starting on 9/19. My wife will be traveling as well starting on 9/22 and she will come back on 11/21. Both of us will go back to our home country.

We plan to use our APs when we reenter to US. But if our I-485s are approved before we come back, can we still use AP to reenter to US?

Thanks.

Your situation is very similar to mine. Good luck to us all.
If the I-485 get approved while we are abroad, we still can use AP to reenter the U.S. What I am worrying is that what if our I-485 get approved just days before our planned departure. Should we change our travel plan or go get an urgent infopass appointment for passport stamping?
skyblue_more said:
Please see my signature for my case info.

All these status update and LUDs for my wife happened after TCS received our reply for reference. But my status is still no change at all. Any Guru can predict what will happen for my case?

In addition, I am leaving for business travel for two weeks starting on 9/19. My wife will be traveling as well starting on 9/22 and she will come back on 11/21. Both of us will go back to our home country.

We plan to use our APs when we reenter to US. But if our I-485s are approved before we come back, can we still use AP to reenter to US?

Thanks.

My brother got the aproval 2 days before he travel to india, but he just used AP and came back and stamped with out any issues....hope this helps!

Here is what I know ...

ManiG said:
My brother got the aproval 2 days before he travel to india, but he just used AP and came back and stamped with out any issues....hope this helps!

Guys and Gals,

This issue has been discussed numerous times in several threads. The bottom line is that when a 485 application is approved all documents related to is (EAD, AP) should not be used. Exactly how the USCIS tracks the use of these documents after the 485 is approved is a mystery. It seems to be something that is "expected" rather than enforced. As ManiG just stated, his brother was able to use the AP even after the 485 approval. The USCIS "expects" an applicant to get his passport stamped before leaving, however I have heard of situations where the applicant got the approval the same day as his/her flight. In this case one can always argue that there was not enough time.

The prudent thing would be to just get the PP stamped before leaving. Why risk it after having gone through the painful GC process. Just be on the safe side and get the PP stamped. If you have a few days before departure then just take the approval email to the office and they may stamp it based on that. People have had some success doing this.

Good luck.

saras76