4 months passed, NVC Review not completed

abida

Registered Users (C)
HI everybody,

Can someone tell me what is wrong or is it normal. My Case was received by NVC on 08/02/2002 and as of today they have not completed the review. When I call them they say, "Case under Administrative review". It is almost 4 months. My consulate is montreal.

Should a case under normal circumstances take that long.

Can someone help me here.

Thanks

Calling NVC

My attorney suggested me not to call NVC since she thinks when you call them, they might put your file on the bottom of the pile. I don't know howmuch accurate it is, but I called them a few times, but not so often. If you have been calling NVC every day, it may be the reason.
If anybody has any ideas or information about this, please post it so that everybody knows.
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by abida
HI everybody,

Can someone tell me what is wrong or is it normal. My Case was received by NVC on 08/02/2002 and as of today they have not completed the review. When I call them they say, "Case under Administrative review". It is almost 4 months. My consulate is montreal.

Should a case under normal circumstances take that long.

Can someone help me here.

Thanks

If you are from a country that is on the special visa screening list, then it will take longer. Or if you have a name that triggers additional background check, it will take longer. This is just my opinion.

I personally feel, calling NVC on weekly basis should not be delaying factor. God knows, why NVC is delaying the case.

Is any other person on the board in the same situation. I mean, is there any person who's case has not been reviewed for 4 months.

please post.

abida............ I dont think this is true. I think your attorney scared you unnecessarily.

But Yes, What nkm-oct23 mentioned could be true. And I seen one case on immigrationinformation.com where the case was taking too long for revew.... It depends on your origin and background check for nationals of certian country.

Just keep on calling NVC maybe twice a week and hopefully everything should be cleared soon.

GoodLuck

Thanks dineshgk, But I do not see anybody on this board who's case is delayed that much without any reason.

Hope to get through soon.

Are you being represented by any attorney ?

Well, if so then why not ask your Attorney to send a letter to NVC stating that it has taken more than 6 to 8 weeks as stated on their usual time lines. Also ask them if there is anything we can provide from our side to expediate this process.... Like some missing documents or so....

GoodLuck.

Time is the only factor... But keep patience and you will be fine.

dineshgk said:
Are you being represented by any attorney ?

Well, if so then why not ask your Attorney to send a letter to NVC stating that it has taken more than 6 to 8 weeks as stated on their usual time lines. Also ask them if there is anything we can provide from our side to expediate this process.... Like some missing documents or so....

GoodLuck.

Time is the only factor... But keep patience and you will be fine.

My case also is same like yours.it says it is under adminstrative review....

It may depend on which consulates you are using or which countries you are from. NVC reviews all documents-- DS230, PCC, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc-- for Consulates in Canada and African countries. However, for countries in Europe and for India, only DS230 is reviewed by NVC.

As others have also mentioned, NVC does name checks for USA, which may cause delay in the review process if there is a trigger. But ask your attorney to follow up.

topew said:
It may depend on which consulates you are using or which countries you are from. NVC reviews all documents-- DS230, PCC, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc-- for Consulates in Canada and African countries. However, for countries in Europe and for India, only DS230 is reviewed by NVC.

As others have also mentioned, NVC does name checks for USA, which may cause delay in the review process if there is a trigger. But ask your attorney to follow up.

In my case the lawyer was not included ... I have to fill the DS-3032 form and sent to nvc.But my case was created on 7/22/2004.and 60 days passed...when i spoke with the nvc operator they said case is under adminstrative review.....

APPAN, you haven't received your fee bill yet? And the fee bill has been generated yet? I sent out my DS-3032 early Sept and NVC generated the fee bill 2 weeks later.

Thanks.

freeskyline said:
APPAN, you haven't received your fee bill yet? And the fee bill has been generated yet? I sent out my DS-3032 early Sept and NVC generated the fee bill 2 weeks later.

Thanks.

No

No

I did'nt get DS-3032 form also..But they created the case . you are going through lawyer?

Getting Ds-3032 form soon

i spoke to the nvc operator.They told they are sending the ds-3032 form at the end of this week... :)

Appan

Appan, congratulations on the progress!

What time is the best time to call NVC? I tried to call them after 10am but nobody answered the phone.

Thanks.

Thanks, Appan.

Today I received the immigration visa fee bill and I wanted to send the money order with the fee bill to the St. Louis faciliy using DHL service since DHL gives our company's employees a big discount.

Since the address of the St. Louis facility is a P.O. number, is it safe to use DHL? Anybody ever successfully used DHL to send the fee to St. Louis?

Thanks.