4 approvals

It may not be 100% accurate - human error and all. It is the best information we have to figure out trends.

According to this thread http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=144182
there's about 50,000 (average/unofficial/rough) approvals per month, and the highest # of approvals at rupnet per months is little over 100. If my math is correct then rupnet represents about 0.2% of the "real" # of approvals. if we allow some certain mistake % in rupnet, then can we really draw any meaningful conclusions?

What bothers me more, is that many people rely on this little piece of info, again less that 0.2%, and then start contacting senators etc, which only compromises the only way of reaching CIS trough these offices... As I've said before, there's people dedicated to this, as one of them is Rajif.

now now, lets not bad mouth rupnet too much. :)

Inspite of there being a considerable number of types of 485 applications, rupnet generally reflects the trends in the employment based, internet savvy community. so the rupnet might be a better indicator for most of us, than just the USCIS data since most us in this forum as the ones who contribute to the rupnet data. its the same demographic.

so it might be a little bit more reflective of your application than you think.

ok, so stop talking about this, cheer up and go buy yourself some KitKat bars today evening. :)

Hey hey, I'm not bad mouthing rupnet. In fact I'm visiting rupnet.com everyday, more than once, AND I wish more people are doing the same, so the data becomes more accurate.

As far as conclusions, everyone draws their own. For me .2% is not a solid trend figurer, although I admit some of the predictions are valid (including the once I've made).

robocop104 said:
ok, so stop talking about this, cheer up and go buy yourself some KitKat bars today evening. :)
Let's keep comments like this for ourselves, I don't find them particularly useful and related to this forum.

npnjan02 said:
Hey hey, I'm not bad mouthing rupnet. In fact I'm visiting rupnet.com everyday, more than once, AND I wish more people are doing the same, so the data becomes more accurate.

As far as conclusions, everyone draws their own. For me .2% is not a solid trend figurer, although I admit some of the predictions are valid (including the once I've made).

Let's keep comments like this for ourselves, I don't find them particularly useful and related to this forum.
For crying out loud this person was just joking!!! And chocolate is good for stressed people btw.

Let us examine the .2%. If 50,000 apps are adjudicated every month (across 4 SCs) and in rupnet you see 500 approvals (125 per SC) - mutiply that by a factor of 2 (average family members per each rupnet id) you get 1000. That is 2% - which is as good as it gets.

Meanwhile there are 5 approvals today.

Well, 6 approvals already!

Guys, I'm not arguing here, nor I'm stressed (not more than the usual), I guess it's Friday evening and I want to go home...

As far as numbers, I like calculations and statistics. Our numbers are not clear - there's so many factors, averages, assumptions etc...

For one, the centers don't process equal # of cases (the 125 per center), then some months are slow some fast, on top there are human errors in the rupnet entry and probably in the official reports (some negative #s there).

Have a nice weekend!

PD is not significant

My PD is 12/26/2002(Labor substitution)
I got approved on 11/30/2004.

I was depressed thinking the same about PD and retrogress messages posted here. It didn't impact my case. So I presume PD doesn't impact once you file your 485.