3years experience for EA-OR

wtl

Registered Users (C)
I only have less than one year research experience after my PhD. I have 4 journal papers pubilished and 1 in review, and 10 conference presentations.
can get good references and act as major journal reviewer.
I work in a university as Research Scientist. I was told that I have to wait until 3 years after PhD to apply GR. But I also heard that the PhD study can be used to fullfill the 3 years. Is it true? Did anybody have such experience?

Thank you very much.

No Title

There is no need to have 3 years separtely after PhD. I got my EB1(OR) approved within a year of my PhD. The cover letter talked bout my research experience during my PhD days.

All depends upon the advocacy done in the petition.

DRGR

depends

who is reading your case. Some officers from INS do not buy that. I saw with my own eyes.

Thanks

Thanks a lot. DRGR and yitizhu. I got information from my university, saying that I have to prove that my PhD study is outstanding, far beyond what is noramlly expected. yitizhu, can you tell me the case you mentioned? Can I know your email? I really appreciate it if I can contact you. I found that you have posted a lot very good suggestions.

wtl

Try to help people who need. It is a hard job for this. Your university is right, INS wants exactly what your university have told you, I am 100% for sure. My email address is yitizhu@yahoo.com
I will answer your private questions in this way.