3rd EAD

My 2nd EAD expires beginning of January 2004. Is it time for me apply for the 3rd one? How soon do I need to apply. Can someone tell me what documents I need to submit and fees etc. and also which address I need to send it to? I forgot everything:(
Thanks.

Our 2nd EAD was to expire on 11/30/2003. But, our attorney panicked and filed 3rd EAD/AP appln in May. 3rd EADs got approved within 3-4 weeks time and the new EADs are valid from 06/xx/2003 - 06/xx/2004. There is a waste of EAD-time and money. We haven't got our APs approved yet. So, check BCIS, TSC processing time for EAD/AP application. I think BCIS is accepting online application for EADs now. For help on EAD/AP filing, go to

www.immihelp.com

MONITOR

I would monitor each month and see the backlog. definetly i would still apply before 90 days. so in your case maybe october

renewal

my current ead expires in sep 03, and our attorney advised filing renewal in feb 03 and we got our new ead within couple of weeks with renewal from sep 03 and hence we did not lose any time.

so now you must be in a dilema, i advise to file before six months for the simple reason TSC does not have any pattern for any approval, maybe down the road ead approval might slow (that we see now for AP) and again after 90 days you might get Iead.

take a wise decision

Even I was suggested by my attorney to apply EAD before 180 days. I applied my 3rd EAD on Jun 3rd '03. On reciept it says 140 to 160 days to process this type of case but I got approved on Jul 16th'03.
To my surprise I didn't even loose any time. My current or old EAD expires on 11/07/03. New Card is valid from 11/07/03 to 11/07/04. If you are working on EAD I guess its wise to apply now just to be on safer side.

addresses? fees?

Thanks guys. Can anyone tell me which address I need to mail them to? Is it the same INS address in mesquite, TX or has it changed since INS has become Department of hmeland Security now. Has the fees changed or is it still $120?

Thanks guys!

sorry for got to ask

sorry I forgot to ask, should I send them in regular mail? or any other expedited mail service?
Thanks a bunch!

I really need this

I really need to know the address to send my EAd renewal application too. As well as whether I need to send it by regular mail or any faster mail servcie ( priority, fed ex etc?

Please someone, help!

Thanks.

The best thing to do is to apply for the EAD at least 90 days before the old one expires so that you qualify for the interim EAD if TSC suddenly slows down.
As far as the mailing address, fees etc is concerned, instead of asking people on the forum, the better thing to do is to visit the BCIS website at www.bcis.gov for the latest information. Go to forms and fees section and click on I-765. The cover page will tell you the exact fees. The instructions accomanying the form will detail what documents to include, mailing address and other critical information.

I generally send the application via certified mail. That way you have some proof that you did send the packet and the date on which you sent it. Also certified mail requires an official at TSC to sign on the acknowledgement card which is then returned to you as proof of receipt.

All

My case was transferred from VSC to local Houston Office. Where do I mail my EAD application?? to the local Houston BCIS office or the VSC/TSC. Please advice. My EAD expires Jan 2004. Just curious bout the local EAD processing timings. Please advice.

later.