3rd EAD approved 02/03/2004

gc478

Registered Users (C)
My 3rd EAD is approved today.. checked online.

3rd EAD RD - 10/06/2003
3rd EAD ND - 10/11/2003
3rd EAD Approved - 02/03/2003

Had obtained Interm EAD in Newark on 01/28/2004 after standing in the queue for more than an hour in that biting cold.. What a torture it was!!

My 3rd EAD is approved today.. checked online.

3rd EAD RD - 10/06/2003
3rd EAD ND - 10/11/2003
3rd EAD Approved - 02/03/2004 (sorry!! was wrong on the previous thread)

Had obtained Interm EAD in Newark on 01/28/2004 after standing in the queue for more than an hour in that biting cold.. What a torture it was!!

RFE - 06/16/2003
RFE Response received - 07/02/2003
2nd FP - 11/08/2003
3rd FP - 02/13/2004 (scheduled)

Hi gc478,

Could you please share the info regarding the documents that you had carried to obtain your iEAD at Newark ? I am planning to go there soon.

Thanks.

I carried the I765 application, I-485 receipt notice and the I-765 receipt notice that I had filed in Vermont

Thanks, gc478.

Also, could you please answer the following ques:

1. Did you have to pay the fees again for iEAD ? If yes, do they accept personal check ?

2. Do they keep the expired EADs ?

Thanks again.

I carried ADIT photos.. but its not required.. they took our pictures and index fingerprint there..

We did not pay fees again as application in vermont was > 90days

Sorry, I am not sure if they will take personal cheques..

About Documents

To carry:
all important documents with you. Make sure to bring your passport.

To show:
only show them the specific ones when asked.

To give:
only give them the COPY of the stuff they asked. Make sure you have the original in your own hand.

For me, they asked for the proof for status change. As I entered as F1, then changed to H1 after graduation, I had to show them the I-94 attached to H1 approval notice even though I now work with my EAD card. The officer almost took the original I-94 away and told me it would be returned to me shortly. It was never returned to me. Thank God I asked to replace the original with a copy just before he left the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
Validity of the new EAD

Can you guys please tell me whether your new EAD is valid from the previous EAD's expiry date or new issue date?

I was waiting for my EAD to arrive .. funny thing is that my EAD is valid from the end date of previous EAD. But my spouse's EAD is valid from the date on which iEAD application was made - thus leading to a loss of few days.

Looks like BCIS programs are screwed up - nothing new there !

Congrats!

Can you please describe the procedure to get interim EAD at Newark,NJ. Like what papers you need, what time to go there etc..

It will be helful as I will have to get interim EAD next month.

gc478,

I heard some people were asked to come after 104 days instead of 90 days to get their I-EAD card....Is this true? Also do you need $120 money order to get I-EAD after expiration?

Thanks in advance

Hi gc478,

Iam also planning to go to newark to get my interim EAD. Can you please explain the following.

Can i go on saturday, is the office open on saturday?

What time should i be there?

How long it might take?

What are the documents to carry?

Thanks

Please let me know

Hi,
We also need to get the interim EAD for my wife. Please let us know about you experience at Newark office. Did you make any appointment for this or just walked in? Any special info. that you can share. Documents that you took with you. Address of the location etc. How was your overall experience? How long did it take? We applied EAD renewal in Oct'03. RD is 10/16. Hope we will get the approval soon. But we need to get the IEAD as the current one is expiring on 2/26.

Please let me know. Thanks