3FP in 6 months

mani_007

Registered Users (C)
I just received a notice of Finger printing stating that I need to sumbit Biometrics .
I had my 2FP on Nov 26th 2004 .I also called FBI to check and they were sent to USCIS the same day
I e-filed my 3EAD on April 11th 2005 and went to ASC for photo.
1-I am confused why am I getting the notice again after 6 months
2-Can I go for early FP and how

I-140/485 conc
RD 01/27/03
Labour filed:July 2002 approved Dec 2002
1FP March 2003
2FP Nove 2004
NSC

mani_007 said:
I just received a notice of Finger printing stating that I need to sumbit Biometrics .
I had my 2FP on Nov 26th 2004 .I also called FBI to check and they were sent to USCIS the same day
1-I am confused why am I getting the notice again after 6 months
2-Can I go for early FP and how

I-140/485 conc
RD 01/27/03
Labour filed:July 2002 approved Dec 2002
1FP March 2003
2FP Nove 2004
NSC
Biometric FP is a new thing for 485s .... see the FP notice ... you'll see a "code" in it.
Your case it will be Code 3, I think.

They will capture your photo and FP and this will be used in the final plastic card.

Are your EB1/2 or 3 ?? If EB3, are you from a retrogressed country ? (India, China, Phillp) ?

If you are NOT subject to PD restrictions, I think your 485 is close to approval -- good luck :)

mani_007 said:
NSC

I am not sure where the confusion is as your posting do not have all the particulars. Usually if you file EAD online then you will be asked to get finger print from the local center and also photos taken. I guess they want to make sure that you are the right person as you do not sign the EAD application when you file online. These finger prints should not be mistaken to the 485 finger prints. Besides for EAD they will only take the index finger print not all fingers.

I mentioned about my EAD because I recently went for my biometrics for 765 and this notice is about my I-485
I am EB3 non retrogressed
And the notice has code 2
All I was inquring that why am I getting this FP notice as I did it last Nov.FP are supposed to be valid for 15 months
My online case status is still the same

I e-mailed about my Name check in Jan 2005 so far no response .

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted the same thing in another thread. I got my 3rd FP (Biometrics) notice in less than 6 months and I am confused why I am getting fingerprinted again. I guess this is different than FP. Mine is scheduled for May 14 (Saturday) and the notice came in only on May 2.

Mani, when is your scheduled?

At this point I am totally confused :confused:

muntasir said:
I posted the same thing in another thread. I got my 3rd FP (Biometrics) notice in less than 6 months and I am confused why I am getting fingerprinted again. I guess this is different than FP. Mine is scheduled for May 14 (Saturday) and the notice came in only on May 2.

Mani, when is your scheduled?

At this point I am totally confused :confused:

we are scheduled for May 14th saturday same as yours .In some diff thread that there is some confusion at atlanta office regarding FP
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=172437
but I am from chicago
I am also confused :confused: :confused:

Exactly Same Situation- 3 FP in 6 months/strange situation -please advise

My details

rd dec 2002/eb3 dependednt-primary approved dec 2004
rfe on my case, for BC, repoled dec 2004
since then, prob retrogreesed

my second fp was done august 2004
3 fp request may 12

now my problem is different. I moved from san jose to atlanta may 1. called ins and did ar 11 on may 2. this FP request was generated april 28, which i received may 3 :(
so, do I go to san jose to comply even if i dont live there? will they ask for proof of residence???
i called INS yesterday and also went to atlanta local office thru info pass. got 3 different opinions

1) Lawyer- says go to san jose and if they dont take FP as you cannot prove residence then come back- then they will write to ins to reschedule fp in atlanta

2) ins call center clerk- dont go to san jose, just go to atlanta for the same date

3) info pass officer- was very nice. could pull all my kundali. said she was surprised why they asked for 3 fp even when 2nd is valid. said they prob are ready for approval, but to be on safe side want fresh set of FP. she advised NOT to go to san jose as trip will be waste if they dont take FP. said just write to ins with copy of ar11 mail receipt and wait..

WHat should i do-

Thanks-But I could not see guidance on my issue

1) I will appear in San Jose as they have requested...BUT

As i have not moved to atlanta ( just 3 days before), will they take my FP or not. If they refuse to take my FP, what evidence will I have that I appeared there. Will they make notation on case or should I get something in writing
thnks

My wife also received the 3rd FP notice scheduled for 12th May. 2nd FP done on 11/2004.
Is this happening only for people who had done early FP's?

GCHELP4 said:
Is this happening only for people who had done early FP's?

I dont think so.I did'nt do early FP
2FP Nov 26

muntasir said:
Should I go on May 14 and May 18 again? Any suggestion??

I think you should call CS and explain your situation .Ask them what to do .There is definetely some sort of confusion going on reagrdig FP

GCHELP and muntasir are you from chicago

I talked my lawyer last week about this and he told me that he USCIS will take the right index print and signature for the I-551 permanent residence card. Is that true? Do we need to tell the person in the counter that the notice is for biometric and not for FP.

Ys i also get another notice for May 19th :eek:
Talked to CS she said to take both the letters on the first appointment .

My wife also got hers 4th FP notice for May 20th. I don't know what is going on. May be some kind of system error? :confused:
Muntasir and Mani_007, we will keep this thread alive for any future FP notices :)

muntasir said:
Should I go on May 14 and May 18 again? Any suggestion??

I talked to CS and the lady told me to take both the letters on the first appointment .
Personally I feel to appear on both the dates you never know about the USCIS people
Please do share your experiences.Will update mine .

2FP Nov 2004
3FP May 12th 2005
4FP May 19th 2005

FBI numbers?

mani_007 said:
I had my 2FP on Nov 26th 2004 .I also called FBI to check and they were sent to USCIS the same day....
Where can I find the phone numbers for FBI to check the status of FP and name check? What did you use and how did you get that?
Thanks in advance..please reply.