30-90 days fot I-485

king1999

Registered Users (C)
This morning, my computer sent me a page since my I-485 status has changed, I looked and it says:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on August 10, 2001. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Now it is 30-90 days but well it can mean 1030-1090 days IMO.

I have the same message for my I485 application. It is quite odd

The I140 message is saying that it is taking 30-60 days.

aba

30 to 90 Days :confused:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on August 20, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

See this message, now ????

:D:D :D :D 30 and 90 days:D :D :D :D

Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on September 13, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

See this also.......????
:rolleyes:

My web message did not changed

It is the same old FP received, resumed message. Hope you guys are targeted for adjudication in 30-90 days and others will follow soon.

ND 9/01, FP 4/03

timeline for EAD

I applied for EAD renewal on 10/2 and the online status
says 150 to 180 days. According to BCIS's new
timelines it is more than 485 processing time. :(

I am getting same message for my second I-140. However my I-485 has not changed ( since recived fingerprints etc ), hope something happens to I485 as well.

BTW :- My second I140 was pending since Jan-2001 and around last week I requested my maneger to call them and inquire and he did it ( in my presence )

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on January 22, 2001. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Luta

I called the BCIS operator on the 800 number. She told me that my I 485 will take around 33 months. According to her, BCIS might be indicating months instead of days. That will be a bad news for all of us. 30-60 months is too long.....

aba

All of them say 30-90 days

I had checked the status of my I-485 and my third AP renewal last week and when I checked them this morning both of them say 30 to 90 days.Last week my I-485 said 900 to 999 and my AP was showing me 150 to 180 days.This is for sure a computer bug that is misleeding us I would not believe this especially from TCS after all of the pains that we have gone through.
I-485 ND 08/17/2001
AP ND 06/06/2003

It says between 30 - 60 days for my second I-140 and not 30 - 90 days and nothing has changed for my I-485

Thanks

Luta

Hmm ... so the 3 digit processing time is true!! May be they changed the "990 - 999" days to "1030 - 1090" days. The last 3 digits became "030 - 090" days (or "30 - 90" days).

I was surprised to receive this message in the morning but the more I think about it the more I believe that it was caused by the 3-digit limit of the field.

But I don't want to spoil the day for my wife and don't tell her about 1030-1090 days. She is quite happy after she learned of the 30-90 days early in the morning.

3 digit theory

I don't think that is the case as the I140 says 30-60 days now. Neither Months or 3 digits limit makes sense. Someone must have screwed up.

I wish we are wrong and these are the real processing times !!!

I will keep dreaming.

May be similar to the Y2K problem this is
some "D999" problem. So, will the CIS start running around like a headless chicken and try to hire "D999" expert programmers ?

:p

I randomly checked several different type of cases, most cases have 30-60 days of processing time, except that I129 has 15-21 days of processing time, not sure if they all are premium processing cases; and I539 become 15-30 days. It is unbelievable. Maybe the system was hacked.

Something/one screwed up ...
My AP application which initially said 150-180 days, now says
"Your I131 APPLICATION FOR BCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT was received on May 27, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

If true, they're way late with my AP approval !

BTW, my I485 status hasn't changed from "processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Last edited by a moderator:
Look like there is something going on in BCIS altogether.I never seen flood of approval since I am following this site.
There is some problem.If it is really changed then . ... happppppppy ... i am really ..let us see.Waise whats the problem
in "Mungeri Lal ke Hasin Sapne".But so many ppl have already give some info that there will be some change in BCIS from Oct 1st so just hold on ........ freeeeeeeeedommmmmmm