3 yr H1B ext for spouse based on my I-140 approval??

arv_99

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My wife is 7th year extension based on her pending LC. Now she has to apply for 8th year extension. I read somewhere that based on I-140 approval we can apply for 3 years H1B extension. My I-140 approved. I would like to know if we can apply for 3 yr H1B extension for my wife based on my I-140 approval.

Appreciate your response.

Prathap

arv_99 said:
Friends,

My wife is 7th year extension based on her pending LC. Now she has to apply for 8th year extension. I read somewhere that based on I-140 approval we can apply for 3 years H1B extension. My I-140 approved. I would like to know if we can apply for 3 yr H1B extension for my wife based on my I-140 approval.

Appreciate your response.

Prathap
What is the status of I-485?

I-485 pending

tammy2 said:
What is the status of I-485?

Thanks Tammy2, I-485 is pending for me and my wife. And she is not using EAD.

Appreciate your reply.

Attorneys Please advice AP or h1

I read in this forum that you can use your AP to travel out of the country if doing so
does it do the following things

!) invalidates your h1 as in you cannot apply for extension
2) what happens on POE cause i think if you use AP then they wont give you a 194
I have found answers but some attorney(s) have to validate that
1) you have to tell your immigration officer that you have a valid h1 ( not a valid visa) and they will give you a 1.94 based on that
is the above thing true

there is lot of confusion on this topic
I want to be clear that my case is similar meaning I am on 7th year extension
with my 6th year visa already expired , I have a valid h1 for 7th year .. so attorneys can i use my AP to travel back to US and then once my 7th year h1 expires extend it for 3 more years .. thanks

Boldm