3 years experience for OR

yyw

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I worked as a faculty member in a non-US university after I got my Master's degree before I enrolled in a Ph.D. program at a US university. I have only one year experience after Ph.D.

I got a letter from my former employee which said that I worked in research projects and taught two classes. The letter also said briefly and in abstract that I had made significant contributions to the research projects (one of which is national research project). The academic field is the same (computer science).

Can those two years be counted toward the 3 year requirements?

I also have recommendation letters that talked specifically about my Ph.D. research as outstanding.

Should I claim both, or go with one criteria? Which one is stronger? Any advice on how to present the case to BCIS's satisfaction.

Many thanks in advance.

--yun

Correction

Sorry, I meant "former employer" (The Associate Dean of the College, to which the deparment I worked for belongs).

--yun

Re: Three Years on EB1-OR

Originally posted by $$01011964
You posted a message on 24th March 2003 stating that you have already received an RFE under EB1-OR. In that case, how did you provide evidence of your three years' experience?

This is still the RFE. I have been too busy with my work to deal with it and finally assembled enough documents to answer the RFE. It gave me three months to respond, I am using all of it.

I don't know what you guys' experience is. Getting letters from those experts who don't know you personally, and who are always busy is not an easy thing.

--yun