3 years degree EB3, 140 at NSC - please advice

Mtr

I have been told that the appeals office almost never reverses a decision regarding education. Most lawyers I speak to will file an MTR and if that does not work out, refile the i140 with a new evaluation. The new i140 is not subject the "A Matter of Shah" and properly evaluated and properly filed, has a good (though not guaranteed) chance of an approval.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAN YOU GUIDE ME ON BELOW ?

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APPEAL AND MTR AS FAR AS I-140 DENIAL IS CONCERNED ?

Ram,

Hi RadhaGd,

Do you have 5 years experience after your masters? Yes
DOes your labour allow BS+5 as alternative requirement? No, this is not mentioned.. labor says Masters + 2 yrs expe..

My case they applied for MTR and submitted i-140 at Texas service center..

Hi RadhaGd,

Do you have 5 years experience after your masters? Yes
DOes your labour allow BS+5 as alternative requirement? No, this is not mentioned.. labor says Masters + 2 yrs expe..

My case they applied for MTR and submitted i-140 at Texas service center..

If you have BS+5 as alternative, they will consider your masters as US bachelors and approved your case. Any way I wish you good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAN YOU GUIDE ME ON BELOW ?

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APPEAL AND MTR AS FAR AS I-140 DENIAL IS CONCERNED ?

Ram,

you have to file form I290B. This is considered as both MTR and appeal. IF they buy your agrument they will consider it as MTR and approve within one month otherwise they will send it to appeal office, which will take more than year and 90% of cases will get denied again.

Only you are saying

Hi Radhagd,
In the recent past its only you who are saying that they will consider 3 yr degree + 2 masters as equivalent to US BS (I know you have been showing a website link of some greencardapply.com) but the exp. here on this forum is completely different. There are many people who have reported on this forum that though BS+5 yrs is put as alternative requirement their cases were denied or got RFE from NSC. Though your approval has given some hope to me but many reputed attorneys are now saying that it is difficult unless NSC changes their interpretation for BS equivalant. You must have got lucky. And I wish every one to get as lucky as you. Now I am filing my PERM with Masters requirement without BS + 5 as alternate because my attorney is insisting not to put this alternative. Let see what happens with my 140.

Is there any one on this forum whose 140 has been approved recently with 3 yr degree + 2 masters in EB2 with Masters requirement or BS+5 alternatvie requirement ? Or any one seen anyone reporting that their case got approved other than radhagd?

If you have BS+5 as alternative, they will consider your masters as US bachelors and approved your case. Any way I wish you good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I am in the same boat as you guys are, I have applied my I-140 under EB2 and my BS is combinition of degrees (3yrs + 2 yrs) and my labor has alternative BS+5 years. I am just preparing for the worst I belive and waiting for the RFE's. I do not know if this link helps and it was dated May 2003.

http://www.murthy.com/news/ukmurtak.html

Can anyone tell me what is the procedure to ensure that I-140 application goes to Texas Service Center and not to Nebraska Service Center? Will filing concurrently ensure that it goes to TSC? How about electronic filing?

Thanks a bunch!

you have to file form I290B. This is considered as both MTR and appeal. IF they buy your agrument they will consider it as MTR and approve within one month otherwise they will send it to appeal office, which will take more than year and 90% of cases will get denied again.

Is there any link that explains the difference between MTR and appeal. My lawyer is saying he will just file MTR and there is no form I-290b.

My i-140 approved at Nebraska.. we applied MTR on Mar 5 and the status changed to approved yesterday. still haven't received paper approval.. good luck to everybody..

Congrats

Congratulations Venky23,

Is you 140 approved in EB2 or EB3? I remember you saying that you have 3+2 years degree and Masters. What supporting documents did you send for MTR?

Thanks,

My i-140 approved at Nebraska.. we applied MTR on Mar 5 and the status changed to approved yesterday. still haven't received paper approval.. good luck to everybody..

I-140 Approved

Hi Guys,

I am glad to inform my I-140 got approved today. I had upgraded my I-140 to PP on 4/27/2007. LUD: 4/30/2007,5/1/2007 AD:5/2/2007.

Qualification: Diploma in industrial electronics ( 4 years ) + B.S. Computers from US university (correspondence course 1 year)

Processing Center: NSC.

Company presently i work for is well known company around the globe.

I hope it helps everyone here in this forum.

Thanks,
CAS

I-140 approved for EB3 with 3yr Bachelors

Guys,

My firm's lawyer informed me this morning that my I-140 has been approved (without RFE). It was filed on Apr last week in premium processing. They did not share the tracking number. So, I don't know if NSC or TSC processed my petition. Here are the details of my case:

PD: Aug'03, EB3
I-140 filed: last week of Apr, 2007
I-140 approved: May 03, 2007

Education: 3yr Bachelor's degree (B Com) along with 3yr diploma from Aptech. I did not do any evaluation for the I-140 stage. But, when my H1B was first filed in 1999 (not with the current company) they did evaluation using Trustforte.

Line No. 14 of ETA: Employer will accept three years of university level studies plus two years of progressively responsible work experience as equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.

Line No. 15 of ETA: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering (Any), Math, Business Administration, Information Technology and four years of experience as a Senior Consultant, Consultant or Analyst.

I got lots of useful information from this forum. I want to thank everyone here and want to wish good luck for the folks that are waiting for the I-140 approval.

Hi Radhagd,
In the recent past its only you who are saying that they will consider 3 yr degree + 2 masters as equivalent to US BS (I know you have been showing a website link of some greencardapply.com) but the exp. here on this forum is completely different. There are many people who have reported on this forum that though BS+5 yrs is put as alternative requirement their cases were denied or got RFE from NSC. Though your approval has given some hope to me but many reputed attorneys are now saying that it is difficult unless NSC changes their interpretation for BS equivalant. You must have got lucky. And I wish every one to get as lucky as you. Now I am filing my PERM with Masters requirement without BS + 5 as alternate because my attorney is insisting not to put this alternative. Let see what happens with my 140.

Is there any one on this forum whose 140 has been approved recently with 3 yr degree + 2 masters in EB2 with Masters requirement or BS+5 alternatvie requirement ? Or any one seen anyone reporting that their case got approved other than radhagd?

My case was not approved out of luck. Infact it was denied and approved in MTR at Nebrasaka Center. In my denial the adjudicating officer clearly mentioned that "Service center will not accept my Masters as US Masters but Service(USCIS) center has recognized my masters as equivalent to US Bachelors degree and since Labour has alternative BS+5 , it is required to show 5 years experience after my master's degree" My lawyer did not submitted all my experience letters in first place, hence it is denied. Later we submitted all my experience letters in MTR and got approved. Alll other people who got RFE/ denial may be due to lack of 5yr experience after Masters (they will not consider experience before masters ) or if the labour do not show alternative education as BS+5 . I don't know why your lawyer is insisting not to put BS+5 as alternative(may be you don't have 5 years experience after your masters). It does not have any negative impact. Infact it is additional option where USCIS may consider your case. I wish you good luck with your case
Do you have 5years experience after your Masters? If yes I think you are good to go.If not I am not sure ( I know lot of lawyers do not agree this, even Rajiv khanna in his conference address this and said it is not possible in EB2, But you can see the success cases and try it. venky23 is another success case)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Venky23,

Is you 140 approved in EB2 or EB3? I remember you saying that you have 3+2 years degree and Masters. What supporting documents did you send for MTR?Lot many folks like me are anxiously waiting for your reply :).

Thanks,

Thank you for all.. I have 5 + years experience after masters... but my labor says masters + 2 years experience.. EB2 classification... no other alternative specified.. uscis denied i-140 saying my 3 years bachelors is not equivalent to us bachelors and masters is not valid on top of it as bachelors is not equivalent.. then they applied MTR with one more education evaluation & evaluation from a professor.. and attorney also applied my case to Texas( i dont know how he dit it,, but gave me SRC#)... with the MTR Nebraska considered 10+2+3+2 indian masters equivalent to usa masters and approved the i-140..

EB3 Substitution + Bsc(3yrs) and M.C.A(3 yrs)

Gurus,

Subst Labor says: B.S or Equivalent
EXP: 2yrs as of XXXX

I have 2 yrs experience as of XXXX
and hold B.Sc(3yrs) degree from india & M.C.A(3yrs).

what are my chance of getting I140 cleared ? any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edu Evaluation says: Mine is equivalent to graduation from high school and
Masters in US.

what are my chances ? my lawyer is not sure about this .. he says chances are 50 - 50 Since my B.sc(3yrs) is not equivalent to B.S(4 yrs) ...

Please give some advise ..

Thanks in advance

3+2

Thank you for all.. I have 5 + years experience after masters... but my labor says masters + 2 years experience.. EB2 classification... no other alternative specified.. uscis denied i-140 saying my 3 years bachelors is not equivalent to us bachelors and masters is not valid on top of it as bachelors is not equivalent.. then they applied MTR with one more education evaluation & evaluation from a professor.. and attorney also applied my case to Texas( i dont know how he dit it,, but gave me SRC#)... with the MTR Nebraska considered 10+2+3+2 indian masters equivalent to usa masters and approved the i-140..

Good for your attorney. I have never seen a denial from on center get to the other center with an MTR.

edu equivalent

Gurus,

Subst Labor says: B.S or Equivalent
EXP: 2yrs as of XXXX

I have 2 yrs experience as of XXXX
and hold B.Sc(3yrs) degree from india & M.C.A(3yrs).

what are my chance of getting I140 cleared ? any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edu Evaluation says: Mine is equivalent to graduation from high school and
Masters in US.

what are my chances ? my lawyer is not sure about this .. he says chances are 50 - 50 Since my B.sc(3yrs) is not equivalent to B.S(4 yrs) ...

Please give some advise ..

Thanks in advance

That is an odd equivalency, HS + Masters, and it does not meet the labor requirements.
I will be happy to look over your documents and tell you what we think.
Go to www.cciFree.com and fill it out and send us your docs via email or fax.