3 years degree EB3, 140 at NSC - please advice

H1 extension

Hi Maansi28,

you are right... we cannot count on INS mistakes. You better apply for the H1 extension now... you are eligible to apply 6 months before the present h1 expiry date.

If you lawyer is not ready to do it .... use another lawyer.
The same attorney would give u a cold shoulder.... when the things go wrong.

All the best.

Hi Maansi28,

you are right... we cannot count on INS mistakes. You better apply for the H1 extension now... you are eligible to apply 6 months before the present h1 expiry date.

If you lawyer is not ready to do it .... use another lawyer.
The same attorney would give u a cold shoulder.... when the things go wrong.

All the best.

Thank you, Stunpad

Hi st4rguitar,

how about BSc(3yrs) + MSc(2yrs) for EB2/I-140 category. Will it be an issue?

pls post ur comments.

thx

3+2

Hi st4rguitar,

how about BSc(3yrs) + MSc(2yrs) for EB2/I-140 category. Will it be an issue?

pls post ur comments.

thx

I have seen these approved and denied. In part it depends on what your LC states for the educaton equvalency. Please tell us that.

In my LC column.14 says that "B.S or equiv.degree with 5 yrs exp." and Major field of study "Computer science, Engg, Math or equiv".

Both my BSc and MSc in computer science.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 3 years

I have seen these approved and denied. In part it depends on what your LC states for the educaton equvalency. Please tell us that.

I am in the same boat. My LC says

B.S. in Engineering/Physics/Chemistry/Maths/Science

OR

Foreign Degree Equivalent
OR
Work Experience Equivalent

I have B.SC (3 yrs) + (MCA) 3 years. Equivalency is shown as Masters

Thanks

I140

I am in the same boat. My LC says

B.S. in Engineering/Physics/Chemistry/Maths/Science

OR

Foreign Degree Equivalent
OR
Work Experience Equivalent

I have B.SC (3 yrs) + (MCA) 3 years. Equivalency is shown as Masters

Thanks

Hmmm, there is no work experience equivalent for the I140.

You can have the documents of a 3-year degree reviewed for the I140, at no charge at www.cciFree.com

If there is no Work Equivalency for I-140, then how come DOL certifed the LC. Are you an attorney, I guess no. You are here to market your services which is fine, but please don't misguide or create panic.

Hmmm, there is no work experience equivalent for the I140.

You can have the documents of a 3-year degree reviewed for the I140, at no charge at www.cciFree.com

Legal advice

If there is no Work Equivalency for I-140, then how come DOL certifed the LC. Are you an attorney, I guess no. You are here to market your services which is fine, but please don't misguide or create panic.

I suggest you get advice from a lawyer.
Many people here can tell you that the LC certification does not mean the equivalency listed is going to be accepted by USCIS. It is an unfair quirk in the system that causes a great many problems. The LC is certified by a different office - the Dept of Labor - while the I140 goes to USCIS. Almost all of the serious education problems with the I140 approvals has to do with an LC that was not properly filled out, yet the LC was approved.
This not mean your I140 cannot be approved. I think you have a good chance. But I have never seen a work experience equivalency to a bachelor's degree approved. I do not suggest that as the way to go.

12+3+2

Hi folks,
I am getting ready to file my PERM in EB2 but I have 3 years B.Com and 2 Years MBA from India. Now, my attorney is getting ready to file my case with LC requirements as Masters + 1 year relevant exp. in ERP. She wants to file 140 online so that it will go to TSC and would argue that I am qualifying solely on Masters requirement (Masters foreign equivalent) if there is an RFE. I requested her to put BS + 5 years as alternative but she negated it saying USCIS will not accept combinations for BS equivalency.

Does anyone of you have seen such cases sailing thru in the recent past whether it is NSC or TSC?

Any info grately appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi folks,
I am getting ready to file my PERM in EB2 but I have 3 years B.Com and 2 Years MBA from India. Now, my attorney is getting ready to file my case with LC requirements as Masters + 1 year relevant exp. in ERP. She wants to file 140 online so that it will go to TSC and would argue that I am qualifying solely on Masters requirement (Masters foreign equivalent) if there is an RFE. I requested her to put BS + 5 years as alternative but she negated it saying USCIS will not accept combinations for BS equivalency.

Does anyone of you have seen such cases sailing thru in the recent past whether it is NSC or TSC?

Any info grately appreciated.

Thanks,

I had similar experience. My lawyer filed my case as Masters requirement since I have Master's , but my underlaying bachelors is 3 years. NSC denied my case (on Jan 4th 2007) saying my masters is not equivalent to US masters but recognized my masters as US Bachelors. I got approved later in MTR /appeal under BS+5 years option(In my Labour alternative requirement is BS+ 5 years) . I have more than 5 years experience after my Masters.

hi radhagd, my i140 denied under eb2 from nebraska.. i have similar education 3+2 masters.. we appealed the denial.. how much time it took for your appeal..

appeals

I have been told that the appeals office almost never reverses a decision regarding education. Most lawyers I speak to will file an MTR and if that does not work out, refile the i140 with a new evaluation. The new i140 is not subject the "A Matter of Shah" and properly evaluated and properly filed, has a good (though not guaranteed) chance of an approval.

LC: EB3, CA, RIR PD: 3/15/2003 AD: 07/31/2006
I-140: RD:9/29/2006 ND:10/3/2006 Upgraded PP:04/13/2007 AD:04/19/2007

My fellow 3 year degree holders,

Don't get depressed by 3 Yr degree BS going on... My labor had just Batchlor specified with nothing in column 14/15 or no equivelency. I have B.Com. from India with Diploma from private institute and mine got approved without ANY RFE or issue.

Keep the faith. The logic of NSC is beyond anyones' guess or predicition.

Take care

VijaR

hi radhagd, my i140 denied under eb2 from nebraska.. i have similar education 3+2 masters.. we appealed the denial.. how much time it took for your appeal..

If they buy your argument they will consider MTR and approve in 3 weeks otherwise they will send your appeal to AAO office. Mine was approved in 3 weeks.
Do you have 5 years experience after your masters?
DOes your labour allow BS+5 as alternative requirement?

Hi VijaR,
Congratulations for 140 approval.

3 year degree in EB3 with proper wordings in LC is never a problem or atleast if you can submit proper response to RFE one may get cleared in EB3 but the problem is in EB2. There are only few people who reported success in EB2 with 3 yr degree + 2 yr masters combination.

LC: EB3, CA, RIR PD: 3/15/2003 AD: 07/31/2006
I-140: RD:9/29/2006 ND:10/3/2006 Upgraded PP:04/13/2007 AD:04/19/2007

My fellow 3 year degree holders,

Don't get depressed by 3 Yr degree BS going on... My labor had just Batchlor specified with nothing in column 14/15 or no equivelency. I have B.Com. from India with Diploma from private institute and mine got approved without ANY RFE or issue.

Keep the faith. The logic of NSC is beyond anyones' guess or predicition.

Take care

VijaR

Eb-2

Hi VijaR,
Congratulations for 140 approval.

3 year degree in EB3 with proper wordings in LC is never a problem or atleast if you can submit proper response to RFE one may get cleared in EB3 but the problem is in EB2. There are only few people who reported success in EB2 with 3 yr degree + 2 yr masters combination.

We received another email this week from a client who got an approval for EB2 with a 3 year degree with our evaluation. We are running about 90% approvals when filed properly (so it goes to Texas) with our evaluation and full documentation.

I-140 NSC Denial due to 3 years degree

Hi,

My case is EB-3 and also more likely yours.
My labor aproved in June'06. I 140 NSC filed immediately-got an RFE and at last received Denial just last week.
Again now planning to file at TX and also thinking to apply for for appeal.

Let us share our info. and advise accordingly.

Ram,

I NEED IMMEDIATE ADVISE AND SUPPORT AS I GOT ALL THE TIME FROM OUR COMMUNITY.

I will appreciate the advise on I-140 EB3-Denial-reapply at TX-Apeal for I-140 etc.
One can even send e mail at my personal ID:
Joan327@hotmail.com

Regards and best luck to everybody.

Ram.