3 years degree EB3, 140 at NSC - please advice

ed. evaluation

jayking,
We did not do a fresh ed.evaluation. We used the one that was done for H1 for the first time. It says that I have Batchlor of Arts and Master of Science in Computer Science. The ed.eval has only 10 lines in the page.

jayking said:
dying for GC,

Could u please elaborate how ur lawyer did the evaluation? I am facing same problem & its urgent.is it course by course or any other method? I am so worried and if u can help me tackle this problem it would be great..
Please help..My ETA 750 says "bachelors"
Thanks

Thanks for the info..

Dying for GC,
First, congrats on ur approval!! Thanks for the quick response..
I sent u a PM ..can u please check it..My problem is I have to show my bachelors equivalent to US Bachelors.. (single source degree)

Many Thanks..

jayking said:
Dying for GC,
First, congrats on ur approval!! Thanks for the quick response..
I sent u a PM ..can u please check it..My problem is I have to show my bachelors equivalent to US Bachelors.. (single source degree)

Many Thanks..
That's easy. Call Sheila Danzig and she would give you a excellent evaluation and 100% approval success (forget $$$$ she charges).

evaluation

stillwaiiting said:
That's easy. Call Sheila Danzig and she would give you a excellent evaluation and 100% approval success (forget $$$$ she charges).

We are not running at 100%. Each case is a different and each adjudicator is different.
Nor can anyone assume what USCIS will do tomorrow. THey can change policy overnight.
We will do our best and we do keep up on the best ways to handle each evaluation.
-Sheila

dying for GC,
Wht is ur ETA-750 form says in "No of years required" in cloumn 14 ? does it say 4 yr ?

140 denied -3 year degree - help

UN/all

I got a denial on my 3 year degree issue which my attorney says, we can't help with it now. I am left with 5 months on 7th year H1 extn. Even if I go by PERM, I may not get 8th year extn as I have very less time now. My company is telling that they can substitute labor, which has something like this

Col 14: Education: Bachelors*
Major field: Sciences or related field
Experience: 3* years 5 years

Col 15: *An equivalent of Masters degree and 2 years of progressive experience in related field is accepted.

I have Masters ( 10+2+3+2 ) in sciences not CS.

Will the above work for me. What should I basically look in col 14 and 15? that I can tell my employer, so that he can check if he can substitute such labors.

Suggest me on the above and alternative options for me.

Thanks in advance

Best way to do ....

Hi

though I cannot suggest if this LC suits you or not. But you can buy time for your 8th year extension by applying for I140 using this labor. Just apply for H1B extension using the I140 reciept. You are eligible to apply for extension 6months before the expiry of current 797.

As you might have already know the impact of 3 year degree, You have to consult expert attorney if u would be successful with this new I 140.

Its my opinion... I am not an attorney.

tks

HuhGC,
Why dodn't you apply for H1 ext first, based on aproved labour then apply for 140.So incase something happened you will have 1 yr,5 months to apply for new labour or other backup plan.

Evaluation requirement

Guys,
Does anyone know much about education evaluation requirements of NSC? I haven't seen my ETA 750 form (labor) but I know the requirement was masters's. I have a B.Sc(3 years)+MCA(3 years) from India. I have seen the education evaluation the lawyer used for filing labor. It is from an evaluation agency registered in NJ. Its a one page evaluation which basically states that after reviewing my transcripts and diplomas it is their opinion that I have the equivalent of Masters In Computer Sciencefrom a US university. Now, I see ppl saying you need a course-by-course evaluation to survive the strict standards of NSC. Is that true? I am thinking that I should let my lawyer file 140 with what he has and if there is RFE, get a detailed evaluation done and submit it. What do you guys think? Is it better to get a detailed evaluation?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I thought all cases are supposed to go to NSC? How do you make yours go to TSC?

A0001 said:
You know , Before bi specilization except NSC all service center used to accept if evaluation say BS/MS for the ETA BS/MS.

You have to notice that Even Now there is no issues on education in TSC.

Only the issue if your case files with NSC. Then you have to consider alll Published guide lines.

Even Attornies - They have to experience once with their case with this NSC LOGICS then only they will realise.Till that point of time they talks any thing.

Three year degree - EB3 - I140

UN and All,
I am new to this forum.
I have 3 years computer science degree and 12 years of work experience. My application is filed in I-140 EB3 Skilled worker category.
Please share with me what is the chance of my I-140 approval. Here are the Labor details :
H section - Job opportunity Information
H. 4. Education: Minimum Level Required- BACHELOR'S
H. 4-B. Major Field of Study: Computer Science
H. 5. Is training required in the job opportunity? NO
H. 6. Is experience in the Job offered required for the job? YES
H. 6-A. If Yes, number of months experience required? 60
H. 7. Is there an alternate of field of Study is acceptable? Yes
H.7.A. Physics or equv.
H. 8. Is there an alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable? Yes
H. 8-A. If Yes, Specify the alternate level of education required: Master's
H. 8-C. If applicable, indicate the number of years experience acceptable in question 8: 1
H. 9. Is a Foreign education equivalent acceptable? YES
H.10. Is experience in an alternate occupation acceptable? YES
H.10-A. If Yes, number of months of experience in alternate occupation required: 60
H.14. Specific Skills or Other Requirements :
Requires a Master's degree in computer applications + 1 year of work experience or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Physics or
equiv. through a multiple degrees equal to a 4 year degree + at least 5 years of work experience.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nsc

Originally Posted by A0001 You have to notice that Even Now there is no issues on education in TSC. QUOTE said:
This is not true. TSC is certainly reasonable when it comes to education issues but I have seen a good number of RFE's and Denials, especially for combining, from TSC. You still have to follow the USCIS regulations at TSC. I would not be surprised if some do slide by with combining but just don't count on it and know that it may be picked up and denied in the 485 stage.

Eb3-3yrs Bachelors

Sheila and all gurus in this forums,

I got email from USCIS today that they approved my I-140. I had 3yr degree and Evaluation done by Sheila. Also my lawyer filed online as per Sheila's instructions and it worked very well. It reached Texas Center. It was filed online on 12/8, they received docs. by mail on 12/12 and they apprd it on 12/14. Thankyou very much Sheila.

Chhaya.

HuhGC,
You can appeal for the denied I140. The receipt of appeal definitely gets you the H1 extension. In the meantime time can apply for another labor.
HuhGC said:
UN/all

I got a denial on my 3 year degree issue which my attorney says, we can't help with it now. I am left with 5 months on 7th year H1 extn. Even if I go by PERM, I may not get 8th year extn as I have very less time now. My company is telling that they can substitute labor, which has something like this

Col 14: Education: Bachelors*
Major field: Sciences or related field
Experience: 3* years 5 years

Col 15: *An equivalent of Masters degree and 2 years of progressive experience in related field is accepted.

I have Masters ( 10+2+3+2 ) in sciences not CS.

Will the above work for me. What should I basically look in col 14 and 15? that I can tell my employer, so that he can check if he can substitute such labors.

Suggest me on the above and alternative options for me.

Thanks in advance

Chhaya said:

I got email from USCIS today that they approved my I-140. I had 3yr degree and Evaluation done by Sheila. Also my lawyer filed online as per Sheila's instructions and it worked very well. It reached Texas Center. It was filed online on 12/8, they received docs. by mail on 12/12 and they apprd it on 12/14. Thankyou very much Sheila.

Chhaya.

Congrats on the I-140 approval. I am sure you must be very happy. However please note that you need to be aware of cases wherein USCIS has revoked previously approved I-140 cases saying these had been "approved in error". Please ensure you have proper backup plans in place to take corrective action if such a situation arises.

The 3 year degree issue can always come back to haunt you in future and it is recommended that you are prepared to handle such a situation.

riz_arsh said:
Congrats on the I-140 approval. I am sure you must be very happy. However please note that you need to be aware of cases wherein USCIS has revoked previously approved I-140 cases saying these had been "approved in error". Please ensure you have proper backup plans in place to take corrective action if such a situation arises.

The 3 year degree issue can always come back to haunt you in future and it is recommended that you are prepared to handle such a situation.

I discussed this with lawyers who have seen i140's approvals reversed during the 485 and not one they have seen happpened when the 3 year degree has been shown equivalent to a US bachelor's degree. All that anyone has seen that I am aware of have involved combinations.

Dear UN,
Can you please respond, i have also sent an email to your gmail account.

even though in column 14 it says

*Column 14
Specific skills or other requirements -
*(Employer will accept all suitable combinations of education, training, and experience.)

my question is does the wordings in *Column 8-B creates any problem because it says like

Column 8-B
If other is indicated in column 8-A, Indicate the alternate level of education required:
(4 Years Postsecondary ed, professionally evaluated as equiv to US Bach of Sc.) This is my confusing part.

Column 9
Is foreign educational equivalent acceptable? (YES)

*Column 14
Specific skills or other requirements -
*(Employer will accept all suitable combinations of education, training, and experience.)

Thanks & Best Regards
Ram.

Combination or 3=4?

Congrats Chhaya,
Did you show your 3 years degree equivalent to 4 years or did you use combination of your degrees?

Thanks,

Chhaya said:

Chhaya.