3 years degree EB3, 140 at NSC - please advice

Tsc

go0dfella said:
i think this will help lot of people from east coast, As Nebraska has been denying applications recently based on 3 year degrees and stuff. where as texas has had fair viewof education evaluations and ability to pay.

i hope they go ahead with this plan

Texas is much more reasonable to work with. However, I have seen RFE's regarding 3 year degrees coming from Texas as well. I do not believe that as many combinations, if any, will be approved there the way they were in the past. The statutes are clear that combining is not allowed.

equivalent

bitu72 said:
I have a Bsc + MSc in a different stream not in computer science.
My Labor says bachelor in Computer sc/engineering/information system.

I probably can get a letter which will state my institute can give degrees euivalent to bachelor level degrees.

I dont know if saying equivalent will work or not.

For PGDCA - i just have one transcript which shows 4 different semesters.

You need to show that your degree is equivalent to what it says on your labor - bachelor of science in engineering, inf. systems, etc. The evaluation and the labor need to match.

Experts ...

Please comment on Masters or EQUIVALENT Word

For EB3:
If Minimum Education requirement in Labor: Bachelors or Equivalent
NSC stating Equivalent means ONLY “An equivalent foreign degree” stand alone - as per 140 form definition in EB3.

For EB2:
If Minimum Education requirement Labor: Masters or Equivalent
Then what is the meaning of Equivalent in Eb2?? 140 form defining many ways for Eb2 as bellow

Details in I-140 form while selecting EB category

EB2 Category:

A U.S. employer filing for a member of the professions with an advanced degree or a person with exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business must file the petition with:

A labor certification (see General Evidence), or a request for a waiver of a job offer because the employment is deemed to be in the national interest, with documentation provided to show that the beneficiary's presence in the United States would be in the national interest; and either:

An official academic record showing that the alien has a U.S. advanced degree or an equivalent foreign degree, or an official academic record showing that the alien has a U.S. baccalaureate degree or an equivalent foreign degree and letters from current or former employers showing that the alien has at least five years of progressive post- baccalaureate experience in the specialty; or
At least three of the following:

1)An official academic record showing that the alien has a degree, diploma, certificate, or similar award from an institution of learning relating to the area of exceptional
ability;

2) Letters from current or former employers showing that the alien has at least ten years of full-time experience in the occupation for which he or she is being sought;

3)A license to practice the profession or certification for a particular profession or occupation;

4)Evidence that the alien has commanded a salary, or other remuneration for services, which demonstrates exceptional ability;

5) Evidence of membership in professional associations;

Evidence of recognition for achievements and significant contributions to the industry or field by peers, governmental entities, or professional or business organizations.

EB3 Category:

A U.S. employer filing for a professional must file the petition with:

A labor certification (see General Evidence);
Evidence that the alien holds a U.S. baccalaureate degree or equivalent foreign degree; and
Evidence that a baccalaureate degree is required for entry into the occupation.

I140 - Bachelors to Masters

Sheila,

I have simillar question the same lines.

If the labor is approved with Bachelors* and it has my qualifications listed in only Bachelors. But If I have Masters prior to filing date, can I re-evaluate my credentials with Masters and apply I140 with Masters, though initially approved with Bachelors Degree.

Sheila R Danzig said:
You need to show that your degree is equivalent to what it says on your labor - bachelor of science in engineering, inf. systems, etc. The evaluation and the labor need to match.

Equivalent?

Hi

I am hearing Equivalent word required. If Column 14 in 750 form shows as below, is it OK.

College Degree Required: Bachelor's
Major field of study: ComputerScience or Equivalent

Pl can someone clarify

thx

Sheila R Danzig said:

Eb3 OR EB2 please advise

Hi All
I am facing a dilemna whther to go for eb2 or eb3 . I will be meeting lawyer shortly to finalize the category so that we prepare the AD and Labour accordingly. I have a three year degree in Computer Science but i have a London University GCE O'levels diploma before my high school . I have found a evaluator willing to consider that as 11 years of pre high school education , so in total it will be 11 +2 +3=16 yrs . I think my scenario will be similar to three yr degree holders from uk etc who have 13 yrs of education before enrolling for their degree. I have eight yrs of progressive experience in IT .

My 6 yr limit expires in MAy ,2008 so i guess i have only one shot. My dilemna is if we dont mention "Equivalence" in labour to qualify it for Eb2 , then in a denial situation, we wont be able to use that LAbour for eb3 as well.

Do you guys think i have a reasonable chance for eb2 based on a evaluation that shows i have 16 yrs of us equivalent education. Any similar cases that have been approved . Any advise would be greatly appreciated .

My I-140 got approved..

I hold 3 years degree + MBA. In my labor it was mentioned as Bachelors degree - then we got it amended to add "Combination/Equivalency" in Box 15.

So as long as Combination/Equivalency is mentioned - it should not be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
GcDreamz
Congrats!! Was it EB2 and Eb3? please clarify
But based on my research on these forums ,mentioning comibination/equivalency only works in Eb3 cases but leads to denial in Eb2.

Is there a way to prepare a Labour that gives me a decent chance in Eb2 but in case of denial , it can also be used to refile in eb3?

HunnyZee said:
GcDreamz
Congrats!! Was it EB2 and Eb3? please clarify
Thanks...EB3.
But based on my research on these forums ,mentioning comibination/equivalency only works in Eb3 cases but leads to denial in Eb2.

Is there a way to prepare a Labour that gives me a decent chance in Eb2 but in case of denial , it can also be used to refile in eb3?

Yes I guess u can use the same for EB3....Just make sure.

Ocp

hi all...pls give me some advice...my lawyer is ready to file my I140 ..In my labor certification education is specified as bachelor's degree and oracle certified professional....questions is will be problem in NBC center when we file I140?

pls reply

SHEILA DANZING part of investigation in evaluation Fraud

i am silent observer of this forum and have noticed that 3 years degree has become big issue in Nebraska, i also see sheila danzing offering her services to most people who have this problem. i am myself in same boat was doing some search on sheila before calling for evaluation.
http://www.hep.uiuc.edu/home/g-gollin/pigeons/

apparetnly she has lots of explaining to do..search her name in this article. apparetnly she is part some investigation in evaluation fraud .

Sheila's evaluation is used by many

maverick420 said:
i am silent observer of this forum and have noticed that 3 years degree has become big issue in Nebraska, i also see sheila danzing offering her services to most people who have this problem. i am myself in same boat was doing some search on sheila before calling for evaluation.
http://www.hep.uiuc.edu/home/g-gollin/pigeons/

apparetnly she has lots of explaining to do..search her name in this article. apparetnly she is part some investigation in evaluation fraud .

There are lots of people on this forum who have used Sheila's evaluation to successfully get their I-140 approved. I am not sure if anything in the past makes a difference to NSC or TSC. They look for evaluations from accredited evaluators and Sheila has those credentials.

not sure how to take this article...all the while it has looked that Sheila has been doing a good job. Now, with this article...do understand that there will be reason for her using alternate name for doing bsuiness.
Not sure how far the investigation has gone. and, the dates don't seem taht far in the past....?
So, it'll be good for this community if Sheila puts in some info up here...:)

riz_arsh said:
There are lots of people on this forum who have used Sheila's evaluation to successfully get their I-140 approved. I am not sure if anything in the past makes a difference to NSC or TSC. They look for evaluations from accredited evaluators and Sheila has those credentials.
ofcourse history makes a difference in USCIS offices, i have read posts in this forum where people had their 1-140 denied coz either lawyer or company was considered a fraud. and we have seen denial of sheila's evaluation in this forum.
you have to understand subject first. she is or was being investigated for evaluating a degree that is not equivalent to US degree to begin with and people actually got raise and promotions due to that, and she does business with totally different name.

secondly why hell would i go to a person for evaluation who already has shady past, weather you have evaluation from sheila or someone else , you have to show a US equivalent degree then why pick weakest link..whic his sheila, which can jeopordize your chances. a very small mistake can actually destroy your chances for getting green card
evlatuation can be done from almost any university's international office.

I notice she did the evaluation for one person

Person completed 28 courses in a degree
Credit hours as 120/28 = 4.29 (Because of US Degree = 120 credits)

she Assigned 4.29 - credit hour for each subject.

Attorney did not believe this to use to support I-140. Because this evaluation was NOT realistic - Just credit assignment was done by CALCULATOR.

Eb3-3yrs Bachelors

A0001 said:
I notice she did the evaluation for one person

Person completed 28 courses in a degree
Credit hours as 120/28 = 4.29 (Because of US Degree = 120 credits)

she Assigned 4.29 - credit hour for each subject.

Attorney did not believe this to use to support I-140. Because this evaluation was NOT realistic - Just credit assignment was done by CALCULATOR.
A0001,

can you please give me some names and contact informations for companies doing credential evaluation. I WILL APPRECIATE.

Update on bi-specialization program from immigration-law.com

The USCIS has been undertaking reengineering of the filing, processing, and adjudication of petitions/applications which are under the jurisdiction of the four Service Centers (CSC, VSC, NSC, and TSC) under the name "bi-specialization program" as follows:

Phase I [April 2006]: deleted this
Phase II[August 2006]: deleted this
Phase III[Soon to be announced]: The Phase I and Phase II have produced shipment of hugh volumes of petitions and applications between the pairs of sister Service Centers (NSC-TSC in immigrant proceeding and VSC-CSC in nonimmigrant proceeding). In order to eliminate such shipment of cases among Service Centers, the USCIS will soon divide the nation into the two territories or geographical jurisdictions: One jurisdiction is determined by the current geographical jurisdictions of CSC and NSC. The other jurisdiction is determined by the current geographical jurisdictions of VSC and TSC. Within each of the two new geographical jurisdictions, they will continue bi-specialization program. Accordingly, those in North-West jurisdiction will be required to file nonimmigrant cases with CSC which will also process and adjudicate the nonimmigrant petitions and applications within the new jurisdiction. Those in East-South jurisdiction will be required to filed nonimmigrant cases with VSC which will process and adjudicate the filed nonimmigrant petitions and applications, and immigrant cases will be required to be filed with TSC which will then process and adjudicate the immigrant petitions and applications in the East-South jurisdiction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of Evaluators

maverick420 said:
ofcourse history makes a difference in USCIS offices, i have read posts in this forum where people had their 1-140 denied coz either lawyer or company was considered a fraud. and we have seen denial of sheila's evaluation in this forum.
you have to understand subject first. she is or was being investigated for evaluating a degree that is not equivalent to US degree to begin with and people actually got raise and promotions due to that, and she does business with totally different name.

secondly why hell would i go to a person for evaluation who already has shady past, weather you have evaluation from sheila or someone else , you have to show a US equivalent degree then why pick weakest link..whic his sheila, which can jeopordize your chances. a very small mistake can actually destroy your chances for getting green card
evlatuation can be done from almost any university's international office.

There is always choice of evaluators in this country. But looks like the forum members are becoming a victim of "insufficient" knowledge and passing judgement without knowing the complete facts. Maybe there was an investigation and do you know the outcome? The evaluation company still provides services which means investigations of any kind where inconclusive.

tb2904 said:
The USCIS has been undertaking reengineering of the filing, processing, and adjudication of petitions/applications which are under the jurisdiction of the four Service Centers (CSC, VSC, NSC, and TSC) under the name "bi-specialization program" as follows:

Phase I [April 2006]: deleted this
Phase II[August 2006]: deleted this
Phase III[Soon to be announced]: The Phase I and Phase II have produced shipment of hugh volumes of petitions and applications between the pairs of sister Service Centers (NSC-TSC in immigrant proceeding and VSC-CSC in nonimmigrant proceeding). In order to eliminate such shipment of cases among Service Centers, the USCIS will soon divide the nation into the two territories or geographical jurisdictions: One jurisdiction is determined by the current geographical jurisdictions of CSC and NSC. The other jurisdiction is determined by the current geographical jurisdictions of VSC and TSC. Within each of the two new geographical jurisdictions, they will continue bi-specialization program. Accordingly, those in North-West jurisdiction will be required to file nonimmigrant cases with CSC which will also process and adjudicate the nonimmigrant petitions and applications within the new jurisdiction. Those in East-South jurisdiction will be required to filed nonimmigrant cases with VSC which will process and adjudicate the filed nonimmigrant petitions and applications, and immigrant cases will be required to be filed with TSC which will then process and adjudicate the immigrant petitions and applications in the East-South jurisdiction.

Where did you get this info from? I couldn't find this on the immigration-law website. Please reply ASAP

It is from immigration-law.com website with following title under breaking news:

10/02/2006: Case Transfers Among Service Centers and Bi-Specialization

hebron said:
Where did you get this info from? I couldn't find this on the immigration-law website. Please reply ASAP