3 years ban/180 days overstay

Ekiss

Hello people,

I entered the States on a B1/B2 visa.i was given 3 months of stay on my I-94 , but my goods were seized due to typographical error on the name of the recipient.I had to apply for EOS for 6 months USCIS,my application was accepted and my status put at initial review.I departed the United States after my goods were released to me.

Please note that as at the time i was in the States,i never received the decision on my EOS application until i voluntarily departed after my goods were released to me.Now,i want to visit the U.S and the embassy in my country is asking for proof that all my stay while in the States was granted.

Now,i called the USCIS and after filing for an I-824,the decision on my EOS was sent to me and a 6 months extension of stay was approved.This approval was sent to me,January this year 2012.

Here is my problem,the approval that was sent me covered 6 months of extra stay which ended on August 27th,2009 while i departed on 23rd January,2010.Judging by the approval ,i seem to have stayed for extra 5 months (about 160 days) which is less than 180 days.Meaning i might have incurred the 3 year ban.

Below are my question;

1) Did i accrue unlawful presence judging that i was never notified,neither did i receive my approval untill i VOLUNTARILY DEPARTED and filed for I-824 form ( Action on an approved decision)

2) By January 22nd 2013,i must have served the 3 years ban since i departed January 23rd,2010. Do i need to apply for waiver of inadmissibility by that January or just apply for Visa to U.S.A?

3) Is there any other way around this since the fault is not my at all and i have all my documents and approval to show for it?