3 weeks from FP and still waiting...

qazxsw

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Really worried. It's been 3 week from the FP but no change in the on line status. FBI sent the results to USCIS the same day.

Is there a number I can call USCIS to check what's happening?

Thanks,

qazxsw

Below is my time line.

09/28/2009: Priority date
09/28/2009: Check cashed
10/06/2009:Status Changed to RFE (FP Notice)
10/07/2009: FP notice date
10/14/2009: FP notice received
10/16/2009: FP Done (walk in)
**/**/***: Interview Notice date
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/***: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath completed

How do you know that the FBI sent the results to the USCIS the same day? Is there any way of finding out?

How do you know that the FBI sent the results to the USCIS the same day? Is there any way of finding out?

FBI Status Check:
Liaison@Leo.Gov or 3046255590 or 3046252406

If you email them then include your application type (USCIS N-400), application number, your name, DOB and the date you got your fingerprints taken.

Please note that maybe ASC sent your request to FBI on the day you took your FP or a couple of weeks later.

guju you right, my application was transferred to a DO (NYC) in 37 days (6 weeks + 1 day).

We have to be patient/positive, every case is different.

Guys,

Really worried. It's been 3 week from the FP but no change in the on line status. FBI sent the results to USCIS the same day.

Thanks,

qazxsw

Below is my time line.

Whats your DO?

DO is West Palm Beach. I know for people in NY area it takes time but for our DO it is usually quick (2-3 weeks max).

FBI Status Check:
Liaison@Leo.Gov or 3046255590 or 3046252406

If you email them then include your application type (USCIS N-400), application number, your name, DOB and the date you got your fingerprints taken.

Please note that maybe ASC sent your request to FBI on the day you took your FP or a couple of weeks later.

I just called the telephone number you provided me. Looks like my FBI FP check was done on Oct 27th 2009 - the same day as the day I took my FPs.

I've just called the USCIS again and they seem shocked that it's taken over 13 months so far and that I still haven't had my interview yet. They've just told me that they've been waiting on my name check since November 2008. That's a year exactly now! What do I do?? I'm considered Mandamus but I just don't have $5000 lawyers here in Orlando are asking to go down that route. I've read that you can do it yourself, but the information is so vast that it's put me off. I don't know what to do!

Dear BritishGuy, this is ridiculous, this happened to me with my I-485. I do believe that your first step should be to contact your your US Congressman/woman and write to the ombudsman director office. Write to them and follow up in 30 days.

Dear BritishGuy, this is ridiculous, this happened to me with my I-485. I do believe that your first step should be to contact your your US Congressman/woman and write to the ombudsman director office. Write to them and follow up in 30 days.

I have already done that over the summer. I got a reply in August 2009, and it just said that they're still doing background checks (name check) that's what's taking so long. I've figured that the congressman or senator can't don anything other than just find out what the hold up is. I'm really frustrated now and don't know where to turn or what to do.

I just got off the phone with the USCIS and they said that my name check has been pending since Nov 2008. It's now Nov 2009. How much longer do I have to wait? What do I have to do? I want to do a WOM, but just don't have the cash for it.

OK, you can pass the ball to the USCIS DO Director, write a polite letter to him and prayed for his assistance in getting your benefit; when you write to him make sure you cc to :
-Director of USCIS
-Director of NBC
-Ombudsman
-Your state Senator with immigration assignment if your senators don't have immigration assignment, cc to : Senator Charles Schumer (NY Senator) who is the chairman of the subcommittee of Immigration, (he helped me when I had problem with my I485) and he is my senator.
Keep trying, never give up.

OK, you can pass the ball to the USCIS DO Director, write a polite letter to him and prayed for his assistance in getting your benefit; when you write to him make sure you cc to :
-Director of USCIS
-Director of NBC
-Ombudsman
-Your state Senator with immigration assignment if your senators don't have immigration assignment, cc to : Senator Charles Schumer (NY Senator) who is the chairman of the subcommittee of Immigration, (he helped me when I had problem with my I485) and he is my senator.
Keep trying, never give up.

When you say 'CC', I'm assuming you mean 'email' them. Do you have the email addresses for the above mentioned? I have the email for my local congressman and I'll get my senators email, but if you have the others then that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks and Kind Regards.

I mean that you write a very polite letter praying for your benefit to your DO director, at the bottom of the letter you write : c.c.: XYZ
c.c.: ABC, etc.
You need to get mail address' for these people offices on line. Just spend some time and draft a nice letter, explaining what is the problem, what you have done, asking for his intervention, what is your expectation. I am very sure, you will get an answer from your DO Director or someone from NBC. Make sure your senator are members of the Immigration Subcommittee if not CC to NYS Senator Charles Schumer who is the chairman, once again keep trying....and good luck. I know is not easy and very frustrated, but no one will do it for you.....you are the one........

I mean that you write a very polite letter praying for your benefit to your DO director, at the bottom of the letter you write : c.c.: XYZ
c.c.: ABC, etc.
You need to get mail address' for these people offices on line. Just spend some time and draft a nice letter, explaining what is the problem, what you have done, asking for his intervention, what is your expectation. I am very sure, you will get an answer from your DO Director or someone from NBC. Make sure your senator are members of the Immigration Subcommittee if not CC to NYS Senator Charles Schumer who is the chairman, once again keep trying....and good luck. I know is not easy and very frustrated, but no one will do it for you.....you are the one........

I know I don't have the funds at present, but I was wondering, would Mandamus actually be effective at this point or have people in the past filed WOM and have still had to wait many months for anything to happen. I could arrange for the funds if need be, but I would only want to take that route if it'd pick up pace. If it'd mean being in line for even more red tape then it's just not worth the time, effort or money (that'd I'd have to arrange for) to go down that route. Now that you've mentioned I will start to draft a letter to the folks mentioned above. Thanks.

Guys,

Thanks,

qazxsw

Below is my time line.

You & I have a similar time line. I got my FP done 10/16 as well and tranferred on the same day by the FBI as well.

*Fingers crossed*

Guys,

Thanks,

qazxsw

Below is my time line.

I have just applied to West Palm Beach, on Nov 6. Will let you know what happens to my application.

I know I don't have the funds at present, but I was wondering, would Mandamus actually be effective at this point or have people in the past filed WOM and have still had to wait many months for anything to happen. I could arrange for the funds if need be, but I would only want to take that route if it'd pick up pace. If it'd mean being in line for even more red tape then it's just not worth the time, effort or money (that'd I'd have to arrange for) to go down that route. Now that you've mentioned I will start to draft a letter to the folks mentioned above. Thanks.

Dear BritishGuy,
Not to bring you down, but I believe that since name check is not in USCIS' control, there is no way to force them to expedite the name check process or to force them to make an exception to the process and continue with your case without the name check results. Name check is conducted by FBI, so I would suggest you look into how you can make FBI speed up your name check process.