3 questions after first NOA from VSC

gugugu

Hi Fellow Applicant and Gurus,

My wife and I have just received our first NOAs from Vermont SC for N-400. I have 2 questions:

1) City name of my address has a typo in it which possibly occurred while the clerk was entering it to the system and is fortunately not catastrophic given that I indeed received the NOA. The reps at the 800 number should be able to correct this over the phone, right?

2) NOA and online check estimates the processing time to be 12-13 months. Does anyone have an idea what this realistically translates into for VSC these days?

3) I checked Yes to Question 16 for a speeding ticket. I included along my application papers supporting my claim of no arrest and dismissal of citation but I received the missing evidence notice in NOA anyway. I assume this is due to automatic system processing which does not care about the attached documents, right?

Thanks

I think the revised N400 app states that you don't need to submit documentation for traffic citations unless it is above $500 and/or resulted in an arrest. Don't worry about the 'missing evidence'; just take the documents with you to the interview, all will be fine.

roxded said:
I think the revised N400 app states that you don't need to submit documentation for traffic citations unless it is above $500 and/or resulted in an arrest. Don't worry about the 'missing evidence'; just take the documents with you to the interview, all will be fine.
roxded, why do you say that? Is it that the OP's NOA has some routine text or something? I do understand that the new N400 instructions suggest no need for submitting any documentation to support traffic penalties unless they are over $500. Yet, the OP says "but I received the missing evidence notice in NOA anyway". I'm just curious. Thanks.

JoeF, thank you!

I wish they would correct their routine text and not scare the life out of people like this. But I guess that's asking for too much perhaps.

"I think the revised N400 app states that you don't need to submit documentation for traffic citations unless it is above $500 and/or resulted in an arrest."

I keep reading about this new rule but I can't find it anywhere. Can someone please tell me where exactly this is printed?

Thanks,

DR_Z