3 months since Finger Printing and no news yet

Unni Krishnan

My case started in Nov. 96 with I485 being filed in October 1999. My finger prints were done on Feb 28, 2001. This afternoon was my third conversation with an Immigration Officer in Vermont. The first 2 had told me that my file was yet to be sent to an officer for processing. I asked the officer this afternoon if EB3/EB2 had anything with scheduling a file for processing. (My friend and a host of others in this forum have had dates with the FBI much after mines and have popped the champagne bottles since) The officer was very sure that EB3/EB2 categories did not decide a files movement. She did tell me that a note was being put (hav\'nt a clue where!) since my finger prints are o. and its been 3 months since.

No Title

In the same boat.

I had my FP on March 7th. Case on shelf from April 13th for about 60 days. So they will not process my case until mid june.

No Title

Don\'t worry my friend. You have a company here. My ND was Sept\'99 and I did my FP back in August, 2000. It\'s 10 months now. No news yet and still waiting.......

No Title

I called atleast 6 times in the last 2 months and was told my case is on the shelf. PD 5/8/98 EB2 India, ND 10/5/99, FP 3/2/01.

I was tols the same BS by those freaking IIO\'s. They are going to open my case 2 months after the FP. Well two months is over as of MAY 2. Unless i do not know how to count 2 months from Mar 2.
Not only that my application is pending for more than 540 days. Got tired of the explanations given by iio\'s. These f&*^&^% guys have no clue. Gave up hope on calling them and went to the local congressmans office in Newport Beach, CA. The congressman\'s office sent a letter to VSC last thursday and waiting to hear from VSC.

I suggest you guys do the same. No sense in calling VSC and talking to iio\'s. I am planning on writing a letter to VSC director about the iio\'s and their incompetance.

ver_sri.

No Title

Thank you for your replies.Does anybody have any idea why our case are shelved for 60 days while others get processed? Good luck to all.

No Title

I tried the same with my local senator and they were told by VSC that they are still processing October 1999 cases. So, that doesn\'t help either. However, if you do get a different response, please do inform us and I\'ll go after my local congressman.

No Title

I think it is a positive idea to check FBI about you FP. As I have a lessen, after two monthes waiting
 I got a FP redo notice for my wife. It is a holy shet. My friend be careful. Wish you not have my
trouble.

No Title

Hi,
    I came to know from an IIO that my wife\'s FP is unclassified. The FP was done on 04/06. We have not yet received
   second FP notice. When i called up BOSTON INS, they told that they cannot do anything unless we get an FP notice
   from VSC. Is it worth going to the VSC personally for a second FP notice? In such a case, will my I-485 also be delayed
   ? Any information regarding this will be appreciated.

rk_gov

No Title

It is not worth to going to the VSC. Just wait for couple months.
I did my 1st FP on March 20, 2001, after two months, I got my
2nd FP. and I call VSC, they ask me to wait for another two months

No Title

I got a finger print redo notice. What happens after that? Is that means that I have a problem? I called FBI and was told that the finger print was cleared. Why I still got a redo notice?

Thanks!