3 months no update, is that normal?

I've got a few of these during my time in the US. Almost all had the same format:

Tick this box to explain why you shouldn't do jury duty:

[X] Not a US Citizen.
[ ] Can't be bothered.
[ ] Too busy.

You get the picture.

cindywang16 said:
:p thank you so much

Now, I feel better.
My husband is laughing said he is USC for 30 years, never even got jury duty once. and I just send out my applications for 3 months, already got a jury duty. :eek:
We are laughing now, hey, maybe we should go get lottery. :p

thank you,
I will send the letter back and just like what you said, send my copy of passport nice and clear. So they will know.... :D

thank you,

You welcome !!! lol at first i was scared too but when i called they told me just to send a copy of my passport and i also sent a copy of my receipt for my aos and it was ok. yeah that s a good idea good luck on the lottery ticket lol :D :) :p

hey...congratulation dr_lha :D
I saw you got your card yesterday.
That is great.
10 year? :eek:
I thought we suppose to get conditional green card (2 years one) first? :rolleyes:

Maybe your situation different, I dont' know.
but hey....dont' you feel you have a better day now??? that is great

I wish I have my interview letter soon, that will make me have a better day :p

oh. by the way, yeh. I got my EAD as well after super long. :eek:
the mailman read the wrong address :( send it to my neighbor ( 2782 he read as 2872) but nice neighbor send it back to me ;)
obviously in this case, mailman doesn't need a name on the mailbox, otherwise wont' send it to the wrong place.

I think too often applicants are glued or tied down to their PC's and to the Updates on USCIS web site,

Don't worry yourslef to a frenzy looking for updates and worry if it has been 60-90 days for an update.

Especially around this time of year where Govt. offices are under staffed and Govt. process are already nkown to take some time.

My best advice is to look at peoples time lines in their signatures to give you an idea of Aprox time of processing.

and if you feel something may be wrong you can schedule an infopass Appt.

As far as Jury Duty as Kitoko mentioned just submit evidence of your status,
They probably got your name from DMV if you have a Driver liscense then your name is pulled from that directory.

Good Luck with everything!

Addie
you are right...I freak myself out too much...hahaha
I notice, you have a 10 year GC as well.
Is that what they do now? Give people 10 years conditional card.
I thought they usually give 2 years card, and renew it after the 2nd year, and the 3rd year if we want, we can apply for citizenship?
Am I right?

cindywang16 said:
Addie
you are right...I freak myself out too much...hahaha
I notice, you have a 10 year GC as well.
Is that what they do now? Give people 10 years conditional card.
I thought they usually give 2 years card, and renew it after the 2nd year, and the 3rd year if we want, we can apply for citizenship?
Am I right?

Our case is different, My wife overstayed her VWP Visa back in 2004, We were married later that year, and didn't apply for AOS until June of this year.

We intentionally waited to apply/ File until we were 5 months from our 2 year marriage anniversary that way we would be able to forego the Conditional and get approved for the LPR 10 GC,

The processed moved quicker than expected, our interview was 2 weeks before our 2 year anniversary. Luckily at our interview the USCIS IO did us a HUGE favor and waited to process the approval until after the date of our 2 year anniversary ( Oct. 15, 2006) that way we could get the 10 year green card.

Usually if one files AOS and they are married less than 2 years they are granted a Conditional Green card and then have to re-apply after they have been married for 2 years.

Good luck with your case!

RFE 60 days response?

hi, everyone
I was just reading for fun and found it said right above the District office processing dates, it says "if you received RFE and response it over 60 days ago, had not received a decision, call 1800 number"
That decision? :rolleyes:
Am I supposed to received some sort of letter 60 days after RFE was received :confused: ?????
Or, if I need an interview it will be different? :eek:

Also, what are those processing date for I-485 for? it is the date that people start to receive GC? or it is the date for interview to be conduct?

thank you