3 months no update, is that normal?

cindywang16

Registered Users (C)
:eek: hi, everyone
I am having problem to find out how often our files should have update? :rolleyes:
my I-130 had last update at September 1st,my guess is they never touch it after they receive it, should I make a infopass? (p.s. my ND is 8/28)
From this forum, I found someone say sometimes infopass wont' help much, but sometime it can get their attention on my case.
3 months now, my case haven't being touched. Should I try to get their attention? or 3 months no update is a normal situation for our application? :(

My I-485 last update was at Oct.4th. It is 2 months to be exact.
so far I haven't receive anything since they noticed my RFE at Oct 4th, I think they never look at my files either after my RFE.

Maybe I am too inpatient, sorry.Just wondering if anyone have/had similar situation like me. :eek: and wondering anyone do anything about it? or just have to wait?

thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for response.
I was in F-1, got married to USC this summer.
Oh, if this help, my DO is at St.Louis.
I didn't over stay or had anything like that. Clean and clear application. :eek:
Got RFE almost 10 weeks ago, and responded and they received it 8 weeks ago.-at least my I485 had a RFE update on Oct.4th
never have any update on my I-130.

what should I do? or I am just think too much?

thank you :(

Sometimes they update someone's file but there are others that never get an update. I would not worry because of it. It is normal to be a little worry when months go by.

Have you get your biometrics and fp's done?

You received a RFE on Oct4th but when you reply?

hi Cherr 1980
oh yes, I got my finger print done at September 6th.

They send e-mail to me at Oct 4th said they received my response on my RFE.
so, it is 2 months now after they got my RFE response. :eek:

thank you, it makes me feel better. Hopefully it just no update, not because they lost my files or something like that.

I guess my DO just a very slow one I guess.

Is there anything I should do? I read around, most of people can get some sort of progress (like interview letter) at least within 60days of their RFE responded.
Is that true?
If that is true, than I haven't receive anything, should I worry about it? :eek:

thank you

There was a good 2 months between my first and 2nd update online. Between then I got FP and Interview notices. You RFE will have held things up a bit, but you'll probably be getting your interview notice soon. Hang in there!

thank you so much, dr_lha
you are always so encouraging.

thank you, I guest I will wait. Nothing I can do either, I guess I read too much about USCIS lost people's application and freak my selfout.

It is very not healthy....hahaha

Did you get your card yet? I dont' remember I ever read about you received your card after the interview. How is everything?
I guess they just like to make people wait.

You know all these immigration process is really forcing me to training myself to be "Zen" about things.

if still nothing come up after New year (that will be 4 months, without update) I will come back ^_^

thank you

My card hasn't arrived yet, but according to the 1 million emails USCIS have sent me in last 2 weeks it should be showing up in the next week or so!

Its been 2 months since my interview when I was told I'd get my card "within 2 weeks", hence why I'm preaching patience. :)

According to my conversation with the officer at INFOPASS, the online update is often outdated. Our I-130 was approved at the interview back in March 06, but not it's still showing that it's pending. The online status doesn't tell you anything.
Did you check your name check status?

andyjpa said:
imcaffeine,

How do you check your name check status?
call the 1800 number and tell them that it is "out of processing time". then they will submit a case inquiry for you. After days or a month, you'll get an official ltr from USCIS that they were not able to process your case because background check is pending...

imcaffeine said:
call the 1800 number and tell them that it is "out of processing time". then they will submit a case inquiry for you. After days or a month, you'll get an official ltr from USCIS that they were not able to process your case because background check is pending...
Nice idea, but Cindy's case is nowhere near being outside of the processing time. If she calls the 1800 number they're just going to tell her to call back in 90 days (or whatever the pat answer is).

Can I add that I think its way to early for Cindy to be worrying about namecheck. The time to worry about that is after you have your interview and the interviewer tells you they can't approve because of namecheck.

One thing at a time!

:eek: I have question again.

Do they conduct name check after our interview?
How come someone can get Green card 4 days after interview? :rolleyes:
FBI is that fast?
and someone will need super long time?
Is that thread talked about our name is too common is the REAL problem?

or sometimes they conduct name check before they even send out interview letter? so they can approve us at the spot?
If so, maybe my interview letter is taking soooooo long, is because they are conducting my name check before they are sending my interview letter. so....maybe I can get approve on the spot during the interview, and get the card 4 days later.... :D

hehe...sorry...I think, I think too much. :p

dr_lha said:
My card hasn't arrived yet, but according to the 1 million emails USCIS have sent me in last 2 weeks it should be showing up in the next week or so!

Its been 2 months since my interview when I was told I'd get my card "within 2 weeks", hence why I'm preaching patience. :)

Congradulation, I am sure your card will be there soon. That is great. Although, I dont' truce USCIS, but at least they took time and send you 1 million e-mails right? So the card will be there soon :p I am sure.

yak, did they tell you why it took so long for you to get your card? Name check problem as well? I remember you mention you call 1800 number, is it work?

:D I am already collecting information about what if my card doesn't show up, what I need to do. (I am like the person worry about rain when it is totally sunny :p )

cindywang16 said:
:eek: I have question again.

Do they conduct name check after our interview?
No, all indications are that they request FBI name check very early in process, before you go for biometrics even.
How come someone can get Green card 4 days after interview? :rolleyes:
FBI is that fast?
Well the FBI check can be cleared before the interview, and in most cases is.
and someone will need super long time?
Is that thread talked about our name is too common is the REAL problem?
Its common, but as I said, don't worry about it until you find out that you have a problem. Not getting your interview notice yet is not a sign that your FBI namecheck isn't clearing.
or sometimes they conduct name check before they even send out interview letter? so they can approve us at the spot?
Absolutely, this is what happened to me.
If so, maybe my interview letter is taking soooooo long, is because they are conducting my name check before they are sending my interview letter. so....maybe I can get approve on the spot during the interview, and get the card 4 days later.... :D
No, I just think your DO is probably busy, plus your RFE slowed things down, plus we just had Thanksgiving.

cindywang16 said:
yak, did they tell you why it took so long for you to get your card? Name check problem as well? I remember you mention you call 1800 number, is it work?
I had passed the name check by the interview. As to why it took so long, nobody can tell me. I called the 1800 number and they had no idea.

Got jury duty?

I come back to this thread.
With a completely different problem.
Hope someone will read it and know what is going on.

Today, I opened my mailbox, hoping I will get interview letter like any another day. Nothing.
BUT, I received jury duty letter for my local court house. :eek:
I am soooooo suprised. I dont' know the rules for US, but at least for where I am from. Jury duty only for citizens of that country, not someone like me not even getting an interview letter yet. :(

My mother in-law tell me to just ignore it, but my husband keeps saying that I should make sure it is all right to do that. No matter what, some how, court house get my name and current address.

We thought, usually they get the name from registered voters. Obviously, I can't vote in this country and never tried to register to vote before.

What is going on? should I just ignore it? :( :eek:

my husband said what if I ignore it, and it will effect my name check? but it doesn't even make sense. :(

thank you for any fee-back
very confused :confused:

cindywang16 said:
I come back to this thread.
With a completely different problem.
Hope someone will read it and know what is going on.

Today, I opened my mailbox, hoping I will get interview letter like any another day. Nothing.
BUT, I received jury duty letter for my local court house. :eek:
I am soooooo suprised. I dont' know the rules for US, but at least for where I am from. Jury duty only for citizens of that country, not someone like me not even getting an interview letter yet. :(

My mother in-law tell me to just ignore it, but my husband keeps saying that I should make sure it is all right to do that. No matter what, some how, court house get my name and current address.

We thought, usually they get the name from registered voters. Obviously, I can't vote in this country and never tried to register to vote before.

What is going on? should I just ignore it? :( :eek:

my husband said what if I ignore it, and it will effect my name check? but it doesn't even make sense. :(

thank you for any fee-back
very confused :confused:

Hey Cindy don t ignore it. i received one too a couple a months ago and i mailed them back that i was not a citizen and just processing my green card and sent a copy of my passport with noas and voila i had no problem. i guess when they collect names when you get in the U S system the computer just select at random for jury duty. Just reply with proof that you are not a citizen so you cant do jury duty and you should be clear :) nothing to worry about i promise.

:p thank you so much

Now, I feel better.
My husband is laughing said he is USC for 30 years, never even got jury duty once. and I just send out my applications for 3 months, already got a jury duty. :eek:
We are laughing now, hey, maybe we should go get lottery. :p

thank you,
I will send the letter back and just like what you said, send my copy of passport nice and clear. So they will know.... :D

thank you,