3 approvals for NSC posted today

gc_aug_05

Registered Users (C)
Just saw 3 approvals posted at NSC site. Not seen such a number since last 2 months. Not a bad start for first day of the new fiscal year.

Yep, I think we are about to see some action...

As far as I can tell, the USCIS has had two hold-ups in the last few months:
1. Religious workers.
2. Ashcroft's commands to go back and review old cases to ensure that there aren't any 'bad' approvals.

I know hold-up 1 is over. If hold-up 2 is over, then we are going to see some serious approval/processing numbers. Anybody have any insight on when hold-up 2 will be completed?

well, I thot hold-up 2 was going on since Dec 01 (after reading some of the posts on this forum).

Personally I feel, they are going to use one excuse or other, and this agony of backlogs will continue till at least mid 2004.
Unless the economy and the job market picks up substantially,
the backlogs will not reduce.

I mean just look around you at all the workplaces. Folks are basically anti-immigrant / anti H1B/L1B etc.
In this environment how keen do you think the immigration officers will be to reduce backlogs.

Not only that, they can easily atribute these huge backlogs to security checks, which technically can go on as long as they want.

Lets be positive today at least!! Hope we get this type of news everyday for at least a year…it will be sooooo cooooooool..

andy , I agree, and guys I do apologize for being negative.

But I have been so frustrated since Aug 2001. Thats when I sent my I485 papers. My RD is 10/16/2001, and there have been approvals all around me.

Anyways, yeah, lets hope we see truckloads of NSC approvals here onwards.

Is no news good news?

Looks like the optimism graph is following a path of exponential decay:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
They were discussing yesterday's record. But on a second thought, it's still early for today, why can't we get >=3 approvals for today? :)

Cheers,

--Shamu

remember...

anything short of 6-7 approvals a day would mean we'd have to - as sankrit alluded - normalize by taking log. this might not be a pleasant experience after all...