3 4 5 6 years wait for Eb2 PD 2005??

You should be there in a few month. State department has no clue about how many EB2s are out there, so they are advancing EB2 6 month every month.

aditya_1981k said:
guys any idea how many years wait for Eb2 with PD Jan 05??
may be 3 4 5 6 ..... years who knows

aditya_1981k said:

Good U are EB2 .. there are so many substitution labors availiable from 2001 era or earlier ... grab them if U want Ur 485 faster...

my 2 cents....

I believe that you will be there within 6-7 months.

Good Luck

aditya_1981k said:

have a back-up plan

Alternative is applying for a Canada Green Card. You don't need to go there or have a job there to apply. As long as you meet the point requirement, you can apply by yourself. http://www.doityourselfcanada.com provide an ebook about everything you need to apply. All your cost will be the application fee.

Processing time is 9-12 months. Maybe you can get US green card by then, or maybe not, it is a back-up plan. All you are risking is application fee and few days preparation work.

First check if you qualify:
http://www.doityourselfcanada.com/requirements.htm

Good luck all.

i second yimincanada88's idea....its better to have a backup..

i think people are being too optimistic about EB2....i think it will be much slower than that....since many people after 2002-2003 have applied through EB2 since they attained 5 years of experience.

according to my guess:
EB2-india-jan-05 ---most optimistic----atleast 12 months---most pessimistic---48 months----realistic atleast 24 months...

Let's not forget EB2 was current till Oct 2005

Guys and Gals

Let's not forget EB2 was current till Oct 2005.

Here are my $0.02 on this subject:

1) There are relatively very few cases of Eb2 in backlog centers - most of the EB2 cases are likely to be of 2004 onwards. However, many smarts folks have already "Re-"processed their Labor under PERM.
2) The biggest problem facing EB2 is the Eb3 to Eb2 conversion. That eats up priority dates and creates "demand" for "old priority dates
3) USCIS will probably increase the EB2 rates at current rates till June. If there is lack of demand, then it will go aggressive and increase the dates by larger increment, may be even by 1 year every month.

Regards
GCStrat :)

Where I can find substitution labor certification? And do I have to leave my current company? Thanks

Nadi said:
Good U are EB2 .. there are so many substitution labors availiable from 2001 era or earlier ... grab them if U want Ur 485 faster...

my 2 cents....