3/29/2010 Dallas Oath postponed over the phone, is this real?

dully

Registered Users (C)
I’m supposed to have my oath ceremony on Monday March 29, 2010 in Dallas office. I passed my interview and I got N-652 with marked “Congratulation, your applicationhas been recommended for approval”. I received my oath letter 2 weeks after that.

Today (3/26/09), I received I phone call from immigration officer telling me that the ceremony has been postponed because of computer glitch in Washington DC; and the can not issued naturalization certifies; and he’s calling many people so they don’t take time off on Monday to attend the ceremony. He gave me his phone number; and told me to call if I don’t receive a reschedule oath ceremony letter within three weeks.

Does anyone in Dallas (or anywhere else received this call?) is this normal?

I’m supposed to have my oath ceremony on Monday March 29, 2010 in Dallas office. I passed my interview and I got N-652 with marked “Congratulation, your applicationhas been recommended for approval”. I received my oath letter 2 weeks after that.

Today (3/26/09), I received I phone call from immigration officer telling me that the ceremony has been postponed because of computer glitch in Washington DC; and the can not issued naturalization certifies; and he’s calling many people so they don’t take time off on Monday to attend the ceremony. He gave me his phone number; and told me to call if I don’t receive a reschedule oath ceremony letter within three weeks.

Does anyone in Dallas (or anywhere else received this call?) is this normal?

Most likely it is real. If you are not sure anyway and do not want to miss anything by mistake, you can just go there to check out

Thanks WBH, I’m now worried about delaying my case……I had my paper work done so fast and smooth.

If that’s something that happens occasionally, I don’t think I’m going Monday; I’ll just wait 3 weeks. The officer told me that the whole ceremony is postponed.

If someone from Dallas has the same date, please post a response.

PD 12/28/09
FP 1/27/10
ID 3/9/10 (got N-652 with marked “Congratulation, your application has been recommended for approval”)
OL 3/11/2010
Ceremony date 3/29/2010? (postponed; should receive new OL within 3 weeks)

Hi
yes we havw received such a call too, and some of friends scehduled for the same day have too.
I called back the number , and it seemed to be a true number.
So i am not planning to go for the ceremony tomorrow.
If yu are going, please post the putcome.

Thanks

I just came back from Dallas office; and they are having a ceremony. But few of us were unlucky; and are on a list of about 12 or so who had there today’s ceremony postponed. According to the IO supervisor, it’s some clerical error and false hits!!! We should receive new ceremony date in 3 to 4 weeks (if we are cleared).

Let’s keep this thread going with updates if and when we receive the new ceremony date. Ask your friends to post theirs too.

Hi Dully
Thanks for the update.
I was thinking..... looks like the oath took place after all, as it seemed you were stil lat the uscis facility...
and was thinking of the path forward.

So thanks again, for relieving me of my worry..... :)

Yes will post if I receive any information

No problem…..let’s hope the delay is short; and there are no serious issues.

I’m wondering how many people were effected by this….and if it’s just our ceremony in Dallas or in more ceremonies and cities.

Last edited by a moderator:
With not knowing how long this delay will be......my GD expires in June. Do I need to apply for renewal now or wait the 4 weeks 1st. would I be illegal if it's expired during this waiting period, and potentially loose my illegibility to keep my job? I know too many questions and too much anxiety……

PD 12/28/09
FP 1/27/10
ID 3/9/10 (got N-652 with marked “Congratulation, your application has been recommended for approval”)
OL 3/11/2010

No, you will not lose your LPR status if your GC expires, nor will you lose eligibility to keep your job.

Your current employer is not supposed to reverify your status when your GC expires. However, some employers are ignorant of that fact, so I hope you have an unrestricted Social Security card (it combined with a driver's license can be used to show employment eligibility, without showing the GC).

With not knowing how long this delay will be......my GD expires in June. Do I need to apply for renewal now or wait the 4 weeks 1st. would I be illegal if it's expired during this waiting period, and potentially loose my illegibility to keep my job? I know too many questions and too much anxiety……

Just make sure your DL is not expiring soon and its renewal can be depend on the expiration date of your GC.

There is a Cuban guy here who got into this kind of toruble. We have not heard from him for a while.

thanks both of you for the post......my DL has one more year in it.

I read some of the posts here about delays.....and i tell you what, I’m kindda freaking out about it!!!! What I don't get is how that delay happened......after I passed the interview and IO stamped my file approved and they issued oath date!!!

PD 12/28/09
FP 1/27/10
OL 3/11/2010

Had USCIS Interview on 03/26/2010 at Dallas

Me and my wife had USCIS Naturalization interview. We were interviewed by separate IOs. Both of us were told during interview that everything on application looks straight forward but since there is some glitch in computer system that generates oath appointments, IOs could not print appointment letters for us. Instead we will get them in mail. We were also given N-652 with option B checked (Decision can not be made at this time). So we were worried that computer glitch was some made up story. But looking at this forum it appears to be a genuine issue that day.

Thanks friendur_001 for your post.....please keep us updated by posting in this thread, if you receive any new information.

If someone else is going through the same situation, please post it here; and keep everyone updated.

selymisher, any news yet?

PD 12/28/09
FP 1/27/10
OL 3/11/2010

Me and my wife had USCIS Naturalization interview. We were interviewed by separate IOs. Both of us were told during interview that everything on application looks straight forward but since there is some glitch in computer system that generates oath appointments, IOs could not print appointment letters for us. Instead we will get them in mail. We were also given N-652 with option B checked (Decision can not be made at this time). So we were worried that computer glitch was some made up story. But looking at this forum it appears to be a genuine issue that day.

Thanks Dully for pointing me to this thread.

I am in the same boat. Had interview on 30th at the Dallas office and was given the N-652 with decision can't be made. However, I was pointed to a printout stuck to the officers monitor which says (haven't read myself) that the approval cannot be made at this time due to instructions from above (officers words). Also, the officer mentioned that it has to do with some checks that were missed. Officer did not mention anything about glitch in the system that generates the oath appointment. Was asked to wait for the decision by mail followed by oath appt. letter if approved.

Hi webxplore......

You are correct......"some checks that were missed" is the computer glitch that delayed our ceremony in this thread and few after us!!! So let's hope these checks get done fast......

If you know anyone that has the same situation, please ask them to join this thread or just provide us their updates. Also please keep updating us on any new developments.

PD 12/28/09
FP 1/27/10
OL 3/11/2010
Ceremony date 3/29/2010? (postponed; should receive new OL within 3 weeks...hopefully!!)

Interviewed on Mar'26th at Dallas Office

We ( My Spouse an I ) were interviewed on Mar'26th @ Dallas Office. We were provided the same reason. There is some issue with the system and that she (Officer) could not make a decision. She said, we would be notified within 3 weeks regarding the Oath Ceremony. Still waiting.

Hello NVC, did you hear anything yet? I am still waiting.

Hi webxplore,
we received our oath letter on Friday. Did you receive your Oath letter yet ?.
But now I have a new issue. My wife got invited on a Friday and I got invited on the following Monday. I travel Mon - Thur . I need to find out if I can go on Friday with my Wife. Is there is a number I can call and ask them if I can come in for the Oath Ceremony with my wife ?

Hi webxplore,
we received our oath letter on Friday. Did you receive your Oath letter yet ?.
But now I have a new issue. My wife got invited on a Friday and I got invited on the following Monday. I travel Mon - Thur . I need to find out if I can go on Friday with my Wife. Is there is a number I can call and ask them if I can come in for the Oath Ceremony with my wife ?

No word yet. Still waiting.
I believe you can call the 800 number but I am not sure if they can do anything about rescheduling. My advice, take a day off and be done with the oath instead of trying to pre/postpone. Things sometimes move/work in mysterious ways with these dept's.