2nd RFE

Sanjiv1 Patel

Registered Users (C)
Hi, For all of you who is receiving 2nd RFE, what is it about?
Please share the info. I saw a few people got it
(including CrazyBoy). But none of them speaks out
what they got. What\'s going on?

No Title

I saw a posting couple of days back saying that 2nd RFE contents were
exactly same as the 1st one but he didn\'t mention whether
both RFEs have got same Notice dates are different ones.

No Title

Hi,

It took little while to realize INS ridiculous process. I got it for filing new I-140 since my company just changed name.
REPEAT JUST NAME CHANGE FROM "X" TO "Y". There was no significant change other than name. However, few of my colleagues had no problems. Seems that this one officer following "TEXT BOOK LAW".

Earlier on the board some one quoted that, " IT\'S ALL LUCK!! NOTHING ELSE.... "
NOW I STARTED BELIEVING IT....

Good Luck!!!

No Title

crazyboy,

sorry to hear about your rfe. could you please tell us if the company name on you i-140 and i-485 are different or same?

No Title

Crazyboy,

Is your company name Iormyx (formerly known as ISSI)?

What are you planning do now?

What did your attorney say?

Our company changed its name from ISSI to Iormyx in April 2000 after we filed I485. Just the name change. I got an RFE asking for employement letter. I hope they don\'t create any problem. Let us wait and see.

Good luck to all.

No Title

Hi!

My I-140 petition has old company name. I-485 with new name. Everything is same including federal tax id.

Good Luck!!

No Title

Thanks for responding to my question crazyboy. I think there are quite a few people (user id\'s akp and Mike Tyson) in this situation. There was a thread titled \'RFE for I-140\' or something like that and another one on \'Successor of Interest\', which you might find useful.

Do you know if you have to file a new I-140 or if you can get your old one amended for the new employer name? Also, if you have to file for a new one, will you have to get new reference letters again?

Best luck and I sincerely hope you\'ll get over this hurdle soon.

No Title

Hi...
Everyday the rules change and it depends on the mood of the IIO also. Previously you could have just sent a letter explainig the situation (or whatever it is called - successor of interest). But, now you have to file a new I-140 with the new company name as the petitioner. The IIO does not know anything about the tax ID or should I say does not care. I think that the only thing he could read is the company name and if it is different, he will send an RFE to file a new I-140. That\'s what happened to me in June. I filed a new I-140 in July and am still waiting for the approval. It has been close to a month since they received my RFE. But, according to the IIO, the message will not change as the application has been sent to another department. The only way I can find the status is by talking to an IIO and they get pissed off if you call them more than once in a week. I do not think a letter is sufficient. You have to file a new I-140. In my RFE, it was clearly mentioned that I have to file a new petition. It also said that it will take 14-60 days for this case to get approved. I hope that is true. I suggest you to file a new I-140 as soon as possible. I hope this helps

VSC-EB2-ND 02/99-RFE received 06/00-RFE sent 07/00

No Title

I have a doubt. In such a situation, is it necessary to get the new I-140 approval, or is it sufficient just to file for one? Also, is there anything like an amendment to an existing (approved) I-140 for purposes like this - change of name of a company, etc....
People who have been through this HOOP, please reply...

Thanks

No Title

Corporate Merger/Acquisition and Pending EB-485

See today\'s topic on immigration-law.com. It talks about in

details how the 140 is still valid.

No Title

Dear AKP,

Did they ask you to file new I140 after you submitted your first RFE or it is the same case as crazyboy where in your I140 filed with X and 485 with Y.

I guess I am not able to understand one thing here is whether you guys have been asked to file I140 in the first case or after submitting your first RFE with employement letter with name change on it.

Any reply truly appreciated. Thanks