• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2nd NL not here yet wht to do???????

khalidSD

Registered Users (C)
I havent received my 2nd NL yet!!!! I contacted KCC and they said its mailed on 23 july!!! Is it sent to the embassy then they forward it to me? or does it get sent to me directly from KCC??

What would happen if its lost ?? Can it be send by email?
Time is running...................:mad::mad:

I havent received my 2nd NL yet!!!! I contacted KCC and they said its mailed on 23 july!!! Is it sent to the embassy then they forward it to me? or does it get sent to me directly from KCC??

What would happen if its lost ?? Can it be send by email?
Time is running...................:mad::mad:

It gets sent directly from KCC to you. I also didn't receive my 2nd NL after 1 month of becoming current so I called KCC and they emailed it to me within a few hours. Just explain you haven't got it and would like it emailed.

KCC sent it directly to you.

Nothing, it is not needed.

Hope you get your answer from Elichi but my point is when an worred person seeks for help the answer from Tazmanin should be to the point. Without Appointment letter how would he get entry to the embassy.

I'll try to ask KCC to send it by email

I think I read somewhere that you need the letter for admission to the embassy

Even some medical center will not accept you for medical examination without the letter as in my case or others... You need the letter also bc the security guard at the embassy will not let you in....

I think given the postal service...you need give yourself a bit more time, i know it's not easy to to wait with time running out, but you know what you need to do as far as docs preparation goes...if you dont get the NL by say couple weeks before interview just KCC and askthem to email you.

I have asked KCC to email me the 2nd NL but it seems that they refused to do so :mad::mad::mad:

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

As I see in your signature, you're interview is on September 11th... there's still plenty of time for it to get to you so don't worry (it's not unusual to receive the letter only 2weeks prior to the interview).

As I see in your signature, you're interview is on September 11th... there's still plenty of time for it to get to you so don't worry (it's not unusual to receive the letter only 2weeks prior to the interview).

KCC informed me that the letter was sent on july 23, i guess it should've been here by now :confused::confused::confused:

KCC informed me that the letter was sent on july 23, i guess it should've been here by now :confused::confused::confused:

If i might ask, which place or country are you expecting the letter?
Are you sure that it's not stuck somewhere in your postal system?
How reliable is your postal system?
My letter was sent on 25th July and received in Lagos, Nigeria on 8th August, at least that was the day my mail box was checked, it could have been lying there for a couple of days for all you know.
I read about another forum member's signature whose letter was sent on 23rd July and received it on 4th August also in Nigeria.

from my signature u can see my bad history with the postal system in my country Sudan, i changed my address to evade that mishap to another arabian gulf country ( i have relatives overthere) but it seems that I'm not that fortunate either way :(
They have been haunting there postal service for the past 10 days with no results !!!
I guess thats one more reason to seek immigration to the US :rolleyes:

from my signature u can see my bad history with the postal system in my country Sudan, i changed my address to evade that mishap to another arabian gulf country ( i have relatives overthere) but it seems that I'm not that fortunate either way :(
They have been haunting there postal service for the past 10 days with no results !!!
I guess thats one more reason to seek immigration to the US :rolleyes:

Gosh, i didn't really look closely at your signature until you mentioned it.
Got your ist NL in September 2007, that's some postal service you've got in Sudan.
The way suggestion that i'm going to give you works for DV process in Nigeria, so you'll need to confirm with others in Sudan if such an advice is being practiced over there.
First, send an email to the KCC using an email address such as hotmail, gmail etc, (don't use a yahoo account) asking them to confirm your interview date( i.e if you have not done so already). Once you've gotten the email reply confirming your interview date, take a copy of email confirmation, your ist NL, and International passport to the US Embassy, Sudan.
Explain to them by showing them the 3 items, that your 2nd NL is delayed, then ask for the medical forms which will be used to start your medical examination at the Embassy specified hospital.
Please, take note that it's only one hospital approved to perform such test in Nigeria, so i don't know what obtains in your country.
If this works, you can get to start your medical before your 2nd NL shows up finally.
At worst, if the 2nd NL does not show up before the interview date then you can present the email confirmation to the security men for admittance on the interview date.
Again, let me say again that this suggestion has worked in Nigeria.

My 2nd NL is finally here !!!!!

I called KCC 5 days ago and asked for my 2nd NL to be emailed to me and they willingly did so :D:D:D

Thanks to anyone who shared my melodrama :eek:

Special thnx to elaichi for the tip ;)

Hi KhalidSD,

Congratulation on receiving the 2nd NL mail. I think by now you are already prepared all document and medical check for the interview. Good luck for the interview.

Based on your signature, I saw your wrote "July 12 2008: Cn current for September." I am a newbie in this forum and don't know much how to check the Cn current. I guess since July, you already knew your case will be current on September. How did you know that? From Visa Bulletin, it said Africa 38,050 on Auguest and 47,000 on September. Your number is 51xxx. Since the number is a few thounsand different, did you assume to be current on September or you know the source saying that?

My 2nd NL is finally here !!!!!

I called KCC 5 days ago and asked for my 2nd NL to be emailed to me and they willingly did so :D:D:D

Thanks to anyone who shared my melodrama :eek:

Special thnx to elaichi for the tip ;)

Glad to hear it helped! I finally received my 2nd NL in the post this week, almost 2 months after my interview! Now I know the reason for it taking more than 3 months - someone at KCC had mistakingly put South Africa instead of South Korea for the country it was to be sent to, although the rest of the address was my correct Seoul address.