kalibp

Registered Users (C)
My brother has a complex case and the time line are as below

1. Got his GC in 1991
2, 1st Finger print for citizenship April 06
3. 1st N-400 interview July 06. However name check was not cleared
4. 2nd Finger print Sept 07
5 On October 07 he received a Letter from USCIS as follows

"Your seurity checks CLEARED on 8/12/07 and your UPDATED Fingerprints CLEARED on 09/29/07. Due to the amount of time that has elapsed since your last N-400 interview , you will be scheduled for a Question & Answer N-400 Interview."

Has any one been in the same situation and if yes how soon did they get their N-400 interview ?

Any insight, response or clue is greatly appreciated.

+++++++++++

I heard somebody had the similar experience. What USCIS needs is to update your information and make sure that you did not committ in any activities after the first interview that violate the requirements for becoming a US citizen. You should not be taking the civil test again but it is alwayw safe to prepare for unexpected situations.

Since quite a few things may have changed in your personal life since you filed the N-400, it makes sense that all answers are reviewed one more time. For example if you got married or divorced. Or if you have a child. Or if you have moved. I understand the point of a second interview so the adjudication is based on the latest information.

USCIS also want to make sure you haven't broken any of the residency criteria. Hope you've been keeping up with the travel records.