2nd Interview

NameCheck!

Registered Users (C)
I was told that i should be getting a letter for a 2nd interview. Has anyone been through the 2nd interview? Do you have to retake the test? I'm not sure why i have to attend a 2nd interview. I was told that it's not really an interview, i was told it's just to check if my condition remains the same. Is this true? I'm kind of freaking out now. Should i go with a lawyer?

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd interview here

I was told that i should be getting a letter for a 2nd interview. Has anyone been through the 2nd interview? Do you have to retake the test? I'm not sure why i have to attend a 2nd interview. I was told that it's not really an interview, i was told it's just to check if my condition remains the same. Is this true? I'm kind of freaking out now. Should i go with a lawyer?

Namecheck,

I have been to not one, not two but three interviews on three different scenarios. No need to panic or freak out. I see that you took your first interview back on 2005. It's been over 2 yrs now & USCIS wants to pretty much check and verify if there is anything that has changed in your application since then. I mean if you had got married since then or had any kids or changed jobs. There could be number of things but just take it easy. You could go over the history questions again just to be on the safe side. You will do just fine, trust me :)

Thank you so much. How long does you 2nd interview takes? Were you just ask those questions and that's it? How long have you been waiting that you got so much interview? Thanks for your prompt response. Do i need a lawyer with me?

Namecheck !

Hi Namecheck ! ,

did you get your 2nd interview letter in mail ?

As Atlanta_Brother said , it possibly is to go over the application one more time to make sure its not changed

Atlanta Brother Can comment more , but here is what I would have done

1.Fill out another N400 form and take all ***updated supporting Documents *** plus a copy with me to the interview and mention it to the officer that you have an updated copy given it has been 2 years

When is the 2nd interview ?

keep us posted !

No need for a lawyer

Namecheck,

FYI, I was never interviewed both 1st & 2nd time. I was told two different stories. Atlanta DO would tell me that my file hasn't transferred from TX so they can't interview me but on the other hand senator's office would tell me that USCIS is doing additional checks on me. I got really tired waiting for 18 months & finally filed law suit (WOM) and got my interview within 60 days. Took the interview and oath the same day.

You really don't need an attorney to represent you. If you had issues with your case, it would have been a diff story but if your case is straight fwd, just feel confident. Make sure you know your N-400 application pretty good & those 100 questions. Trust me USCIS interview is nothing but a joke. Everybody is able to pass the test.

If you take a lawyer with you, he or she cannot force to make the IO to make a decision on your case or grant you citizenship. To me it is just waste of money.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Hi NameCheck,
I got that i-215w thing after my second FP. The i-215w listed a lot of questions that could be used to update my status after my interview. So, I guess you might have a similar thing. The difference is you need to go to the office to update your status. Who knows, you might get lucky to get your decision made in front of you by IO when you go for your second interview. !

waitforsolong

Were you ask any questions or did you just submit the required info? I need as much info as i can get for this 2nd Interview

NameCheck .... I actually feel really confident about your case now. You had 2nd Fingerprinting ... you were told about a 2nd Interview which can happen and what people have replied makes sense like just making sure everything is still up to date since your case is almost 3 years old so keep your head up. I have a really good feeling about this.

True

NameCheck .... I actually feel really confident about your case now. You had 2nd Fingerprinting ... you were told about a 2nd Interview which can happen and what people have replied makes sense like just making sure everything is still up to date since your case is almost 3 years old so keep your head up. I have a really good feeling about this.

Namecheck,

Ladybuggy is right, remember I told you the same thing.

Cheers :)

NameCheck, I just filled in the form and submitted it when I went to local office with infopass. The IO there simply took my form and asked me to go wait for another 30 days before any inquiry.

Waitforsolong, Is it safe to conclude that the form I-215 is the same as the 2nd Interview? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: