RD 10/29/01
ND 11/19/01

LIN 02-040-****

1st FP : 03/29/2003
2nd FP: within 7 day period beginning 09/03/2003

Another Unfortunate OCt'01 filer!!
:eek:

M2001

which state are you in? I wonder why they only gave you a 7 days period to do your 2nd FP? I am in ohio, and I got a 2nd FP scheduled 25 Sep. :(, wish they urge me to have my FP taken in a week. my guess is that your file is ready to be approved except that your FP is expired. so your approval is on the way... :)

davli024,

RFE on my case was received by INS on 03/27/03. I am hearing after 5 months so I don't know how to take it ...

Thanks for the kind words though, I wish it comes true ...

I pray you and all other waiting get their approval soon.

IL EB2

RD 10/29/2001
ND 11/19/2001
1st FP 03/29/2002
RFE Recd by INS : 03/27/2003
AD - ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
M2001

cheer up, mine is worse than yours, rfe received at 03/06/03 and 2nd FP scheduled at 09/25/03.

wish all of us best luck!

I received a second FP notice too

RFE Received date is in first week of may (4 months back).

Was hoping for approval but received second FP notice instead and it's scheduled for 10/10/03

Received 2nd FP notice for Sept 25. Oct 01...RFE response recvd on Feb 25 03. Will try to do early..lets see...

Just a question. When you guys got the notice for your second fingerprints, did your online status get updated to say that or did it remain the same blah blah blah...as before.

I'm an unfortunate Sep 01 filer who had to get in touch with Senators (Ohio) trying to force the issue of the second fingerprint notice. The turnaround time from the casework office was 5 days, now let's hope the notice is issued from BCIS soon!

My status did not change. But, I got the 2nd FP notice. I contacted the Senator's office (Ohio Mike Dewine & George Voinovich). But no response from them yet...Which Senator did you contact??? waiting_0102??

Is it normal to give very short notice on the second FP (1 week in? My spouse travels a lot and I am concerned that what if we can not make the date?

Thanks!

I have seen few other postings with short notices...but you always have one day every following week of the missed appointment until couple of months to make it up. It will be stated on your FP notice. Dont worry..you will be alright..

If you know what day your second FP is, i would recommed to take a day off, or a couple of days off if u are a travelling consultant, from work and get it done.

Yes you can definitely take it on a specific day of a week for a month or so after the Fp date, but why delay it.

from_rep,

I'm from OH and I contacted DeWine and Voinovich as well. Just sent an e-mail to this address

caseworker@dewine.senate.gov

with details for

First Name:
Last Name:
SS#:
BCIS A#:
I-485 Receipt#:
Fingerprint Status:

for my wife and myself. I e-mailed them last week and they sent me a letter dated 3 days from that time letting me know that I should receive my 2nd FP notice in 30-45 days and after that's done I should contact them again so they follow-up with BCIS for processing as soon as possible. Sounds good, now's let hope all this really happens. Our tax $$ at work! ;)

2nd FP question?

My RD 10/24/2001
ND 11/19/2001
FP 4/3/2002
RFE 1/17/2003 (employment and Birth Certificates).....no RFE for wife
Rfe replied on 1/28/2003 (BCIS website says they received on 2/4/2003)

No update since then....

We are traveling to attend my brothers wedding from early October to early November using AP.

If BCIS sends us 2nd FP notice when we are out of the country will this be a problem?

Thank you for your opinion!!!

waiting_0102,

Thanks...I had sent them the authorization letter by fax and so far no body contacted me saying they received it...but i did receive the 2nd FP notice. Once it is done, then maybe I can contact again......

Thanks..

Thank you very much for the advice. To be honest, it was just a hypothetical question, and it got me nervous. This made me realize how pathetic I am for this darn green card thing...

Thank you all!!

Folks,

Did my 2nd FP today...Will the status get updated online?? What is next?? RD Oct 01, RFE reponded Feb 25.

> Did my 2nd FP today...Will the status get updated online??
> What is next?? RD Oct 01, RFE reponded Feb 25.

Dude, trying to figure out what is next when BCIS is invloved is like trying to figure out where the NASDAQ would be in a year.

Actually we can predict the stock market better than the variances of BCIS.

I cannot believe how come an agency like the BCIS can exist in the most develped country in the world.

Next could be asking the color copies of all your supporting documentation, never know what BCIS will come up with....

I am trying to find out if they update the status saying "received FP blah..blah...??? The first one was updated...but trying to findout what happens with the 2nd one.......