2nd FP Notice Received - Feb 2002 filer.

Just$$

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

I received the 2nd FP Notice yesterday scheduled for 14th Nov 03 at Newark, NJ.

RD: 18-Feb-02
ND: 15-Mar-02
FP1: 24-May-02
FP2 Notice: 14-Nov-03
EB2/NJ/India

Can someone suggest on the below:

1>. Is it fine to go for an early FP?
What reasons can one provide to go for early FP, if required?
What days can i go for early FP at Newark, NJ?
Is BCIS Office at Newark open on Saturdays?
Any personal experiences, please suggest.

2>. I need to renew for EAD. Is the filing fee back to 120$( i remember it was reduced to 88$ for some time) and then maybe now it is back to 120$... Suggest.

3>. My employer does not give the employee home address in any of the applications filed at BCIS, so that all document mails
go to employer address directly.
How can I make sure that my home address is updated in the system? Can one file AR-11 without a lawyer?

As per law, is it required to make sure the employee home address mentioned in the application along with employer address?

Hope this GC saga ends.

Thanks.
-just$$

just$$

I tried to get the 2nd FP early last Saturday at Newark Commerce street service center, the lady asked us to come on the date of appointment which is on 11/12/03. My requests went invain and she said Sir if you ask me 100 times I would say the same thing 100 times. FYI I was there by 8 AM and not many people were there.

You can give a try.

Regarding the employers address check with your attorney whether they are showing your residence address as temperory address. If your LC is filed as an itinerant worker, then your employers address will be used as permanent address and your address as secondary address.

HTH
3DM

Just$$

Sometimes going for an early FP works out and sometimes it does not.
You can try your luck or wait for the scheduled date.
I personally just waited for the scheduled date.

RD: Feb 20th 2002
FP1: Mar 23rd 2002
FP2: Sep 2nd 2003
FP2: Oct 16th 2003 (Initial FP2 not readable as per FBI)
RFE: Oct 22nd 2003 (awaiting the RFE to arrive)

Early finger print at Newark

I did early finger print at Newark last Saturday. We arrived at 1:10 pm and there were only a few people. I handed the receptionist the notice which was scheduled at 11/20/03. She blamed me that I hadn't tell her it's early finger print in the first place. But she let us in anyway. And overall it took about half hour.

RD: 2/12/02
ND: 3/4/02
1 FP: 5/22/02
2 FP: 10/26/03

Thanks for information...

Guys
After reading all the rave reviews about doing early FP on this thread and few threads, i guess i will try and go for early FP this Saturday and hope it works out.

This is one of the few steps i can take from my side to expedite my pending 485 case, atleast try to.

I will post how it goes this weekend.

Thanks
just$$

hi sj10

FP Notice received by lawyer,
i guess ur lawyer is also K.R. , initials.....

How abt u, did u get u 2FP Notice or 485 approval?

V r in the same boat(co.).

Hi Just$$

You are right about KR and co.
I have not received anything (neither 2nd FP nor approval).

Early FP at Newark...

Guys

I could do early FP at Newark last Saturday, you need a very good reason to convince the lady at the security to let you in.
She would not let anyone in for early FP, unless you have a convincing reason.

RD: 18-Feb-02
ND: 15-Mar-02
FP1: 24-May-02
FP2: 1-Nov-03(Early FP)
EB2/NJ/India

And the wait continues.... Any ideas when should i expect my case to be picked and approved...
Suggest....

Thanks

Just$$,

It's good that you were allowed to do early FP2. My scheduled date is Dec 12th. But I will be in my home country by that time (I cannot postpone my trip due to unavoidable situation)

I have confirmed flight tickets with me. Will that help me to convince them? I have a plan to go there this Saturday by 1 PM. What time is good to visit them on Saturday? Can you please share your experience?

Did early fp

Guys we went there last saturday at 1:20 PM (after reading HaveTobepatient's post here). The place was almost empty and we were the only ones. I went to the security lady (same lady did not let us in on 10/24/03 8:00 AM) and told her that our scheduled date is on 11/12/03 and I am here to request you to allow us to take fp today as we have doctors appointment on 11/12/03. She asked us to fill the forms and sent us in, the second lady who checks ID's said that you are early, had to explain the same thing to her. After fp's are done the QA was not sure whether we can take our FP's in newark as the letter has Alexandria address, and our mailing address is Fairfax VA. The other lady told QA that the machine was able to read the barcode so that should be fine. Finally we were out by 1:50 and were relieved.

Waiting for the magic words now..

RD - 2/15/02
ND - 3/12/02
FP - 6/8/02
FP - 6/14/02 - Recd
RFE - 8/18/03
RFE - 9/5/03 - Recd
FP2 - 11/1/03 - 1:20 PM - Early (Schd 11/12/03)

AD - ???????

feb27...

feb27

You can carry the Air Tickets with you, also say that some family occasion you have to attend and won't be available the scheduled date... i guess shud be fine.... or suggest some medical appt for that day....
I reached last Saturday after noon, it was empty, it is open till 3pm on saturday... so that 12-3pm saturday shud be best and quick time to be there.... and with a good reason...

Best Luck. :p
Thanks

JUST$$

Is there any other good reason to tell because iam not going to india, so i wont have any tickets with me.