2nd FP notice recd

GCLookup

Banned
Hi,
This week,I recd 2nd FP notice (at last). It says to do FP on 1/19 2004. From some previous posts, it looks that I can go to FP earlier also. Is it TRUE?? Has somebody done FP earlier and does it help to speed up process? OR INS will look into my case only after 1/19.
Also I haven't yet recd FP notice for my wife?? DO I need to wait till I get notice for my wife?? or she can just come with me and do FP?? Any thoughts/expereinces??
Online message is not updated yet?? Does INS update online message for FP notice???

Thanx

RD 11/27/01
ND 12/04/01
1st FP 05/30/02
Currently having 3rd EAD!!:eek:
2nd FP 1/19/2004(scheduled)

Depending on your ASC, you might be able to come in early. Some people getting their 2FP early tends to get their approval earlier too. One friend of mine got approved 2 weeks after his FP taken, and even before the scheduled FP time. However, as with anything else with USCIS, it is random. Some other friends still waiting, even after 4 or 6 months after RFE/2nd FP.

I think you have nothing to lose by trying to get your FP early, but you will not necessarily gain anything either.

The fingerprinting does not imply the process will speed up, I have a friend of mine who completed 22 months of filing I-485 completed 2 fingerprinting and still waiting.

Let time take its own toll.

Eventhough one cannot predict when USCIS will process but you can confirm by calling FBI whether FP have be sent to USCIS or not. A little satisfaction. Good Luck

Have you received an RFE? I think if you can time it right that get your RFE and FP result send back to BCIS around same time, it might get their attention and get it processed. Mine worked.

Wondergirl,

I have already RFE , which is replied on 05/13 2003. It was regarding employment verification. I have been laid off in Sep-2003.Currently I am working on EAD as consultant (hrsly basis) for short term projects for various consultaing firms. I am hoping that I won't get RFE again for employment!!!.
Also from my couple of friends experience, I haven't filed AC-21 also. Will this be a problem??

Any ideas

DO I need to wait till I get notice for my wife?? or she can just come with me and do FP?? Any thoughts/expereinces??

Most likely she has to wait, my wife had. They told us they need to scan the barcode on the FP notice.

My online message changed around 4 months back stating that the fingerprinting results have been received and processing has resumed in my case.

Does this mean that unless and until the fingerprinting results are received they would'nt even entertain or open the I-485 casses.

Question is do I need to fingerprint again even after this message taking into consideration that fingerprints are only valid for a year.

Originally posted by GCLookup
Wondergirl,

I have already RFE , which is replied on 05/13 2003. It was regarding employment verification. I have been laid off in Sep-2003.Currently I am working on EAD as consultant (hrsly basis) for short term projects for various consultaing firms. I am hoping that I won't get RFE again for employment!!!.
Also from my couple of friends experience, I haven't filed AC-21 also. Will this be a problem??

Any ideas

It is a dangourse game you are playing. I think you need to consult with your attorny regarding to AC-21, especially your emoployment RFE was in May (not recent).

Originally posted by Raj_nsc
My online message changed around 4 months back stating that the fingerprinting results have been received and processing has resumed in my case.

Does this mean that unless and until the fingerprinting results are received they would'nt even entertain or open the I-485 casses.

Question is do I need to fingerprint again even after this message taking into consideration that fingerprints are only valid for a year.

I had this very same message for 22 months. The fingerprint results usually will be sent to them within a day or two, sometimes even within the same day. Here is the number you can call to check on the status of your FP: FBI 304 625 5590.
FP is good for 15 month. If it expired and your case is still on hold, they will re FP you.

1/19/2004?

As far as I know it is MLK day and I would make sure government offices are open on that day. Maybe based on that you could ask to pull ahead your day?

-----------------------------------------
Wandergirlus
It is a dangourse game you are playing. I think you need to consult with your attorny regarding to AC-21, especially your emoployment RFE was in May (not recent).

Can I file AC-21 while doing consulting job?? Does AC-21 holds good for working on w2 (hrly).

My couple of friends got laid off much before me, Dec-2002 and they didn't file AC-21, one of them got RFE for employment , which he replied with new employment letter and AC-21, and got approval within few weeks.
As per AC-21 rule, It don't seem mandantory to file, it can be files if RFE is issued. Is it TRUE ??

GCLookup