2nd FP notice, 2 years after interview, good sign?

aimei_mei

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends and experts,
My N400 interview was made back Dec. 2005 and then pending because of name check. In the past years, I visited local office 6 times and no result. was to give up but today the 2rd FP notice suddenly came (because the first one expired in Nov. 2006). Does this mean my name checking is done? Any information and suggestion? In other words, does USCIS did not send the 2nd FP notice until the name checking is done?
Thnak you for your kind attention and time!
Best Regards!
Aimei

Dear Friends and experts,
My N400 interview was made back Dec. 2005 and then pending because of name check. In the past years, I visited local office 6 times and no result. was to give up but today the 2rd FP notice suddenly came (because the first one expired in Nov. 2006). Does this mean my name checking is done? Any information and suggestion? In other words, does USCIS did not send the 2nd FP notice until the name checking is done?
Thnak you for your kind attention and time!
Best Regards!
Aimei

2 years since your interview?? I would have filed 1447(b) long ago to force USICIS to adjudicate your case. By law they have 120 days after interview to render a decision. Name check delay for 2 years is no excuse for USCIS to delay your case after interview.

Thnak you.
The problem is that I can neither afford to hire an attorney (2000USD) nor afford time to file the the lawsuit papwerwork.

Thnak you.
The problem is that I can neither afford to hire an attorney (2000USD) nor afford time to file the the lawsuit papwerwork.

In that case try emailing the USCIS ombudsman to take a look into your case or sending politicians letters of inquiry. Short of a lawsuit I doubt there is much you can do to have USCIS action your case.

Thnak you.

I had this very same problem. My case was pending for so long. I was waiting for my christmas bonus to file suite but my name check cleared suddenly. I wrote everyone i could think of. Try it. IF that doesnt 'work then you should try to sue.