2nd FP notice 02-265-***

mjr_tx

Registered Users (C)
All,

got my 2nd FP notice for 07/23/04 in SJ. i know this has been asked many times before, but i can go before my scheduled date, right?

also, online status hasn't changed. has anyone had similar experience? does 2nd FP notice have any significance regarding approval?

WAC 02-265-***
Concurrently filed 140/485
RD 08/26/02
1st FP 09/02

mjr_tx said:
got my 2nd FP notice for 07/23/04 in SJ. i know this has been asked many times before, but i can go before my scheduled date, right?

You can try. Some folks have had problems with early walk-in at SJ, others have not. I had success by doing early walk-in at San Francisco.

mjr_tx said:
2nd FP notice have any significance regarding approval?

Matter of debate. Some think the system triggers FP2s when old (i.e., >20 months), others see pattern of activity indicating case is coming up. A lot of Jan/Feb 02 FP2s resulted in May/Jun approvals which might indicate a 'pattern'. At least an FP2 indicates they still know about your case.

You can walk in early at SJ (open Saturday's). The gentleman at the gate will allow you provided it's not crowded.

wik said:
Matter of debate. Some think the system triggers FP2s when old (i.e., >20 months), others see pattern of activity indicating case is coming up. A lot of Jan/Feb 02 FP2s resulted in May/Jun approvals which might indicate a 'pattern'. At least an FP2 indicates they still know about your case.

If that were the case then everyone who's FP is older than 20 months would get a second FP. Thats clearly not the scenario. I think it has more to do with what we saw in the new memo for backlog reduction. That low risk cases are identified and worked on first. I believe that if you get 2nd FP, they are making your case ready for adjudication sometime down the line.

Cheers,

bigboss0520 said:
You can walk in early at SJ (open Saturday's). The gentleman at the gate will allow you provided it's not crowded.

u mean only saturdays are available for walk-in or all days? also, i know walk-in is not a problem at SF office. if SJ guy gives me a problem, can i try walking-in at SF?

aloof said:
If that were the case then everyone who's FP is older than 20 months would get a second FP. Thats clearly not the scenario. I think it has more to do with what we saw in the new memo for backlog reduction. That low risk cases are identified and worked on first. I believe that if you get 2nd FP, they are making your case ready for adjudication sometime down the line.

Cheers,

thanks for the info. i think what u say is true particularly since mine is a concurrent case - they're probably getting ready to adjudicate plus i had sent a fax inquiry 2 weeks before the 2nd FP notice

"Open Saturday" means SJ ASC is also open on Saturday! I did my 2nd FP Last Saturday around 11:35am....Good Luck

Go there on Wed or Saturday for early FP. They usually don't allow early FP on other dates. But, sometimes if the guard is nice and room is not crowded, they will allow early FP on other days too.

bigboss0520 said:
"Open Saturday" means SJ ASC is also open on Saturday! I did my 2nd FP Last Saturday around 11:35am....Good Luck

goodsaint said:
Go there on Wed or Saturday for early FP. They usually don't allow early FP on other dates. But, sometimes if the guard is nice and room is not crowded, they will allow early FP on other days too.

what is a good time to go on Wed and Sat?

aloof,

What do you mean by for low risk cases?? u mean to say..those who are waiting for many months... are high risk cases?!? just wanted to know, how they will identify the high risk and low risk cases! :( :mad: :confused:

I really dont know what do they mean by low risk cases. But, this is clearly mentioned in the new memo for backlog reduction.

What exact set of criteria they use to declare a case low risk is only known to USCIS. When we see 2nd FPs for some people and not others (belonging to the same time frame of ND), I believe, USCIS has pre-sorted those cases for adjudication before other applications filed during the same time frame.

aloof said:
I really dont know what do they mean by low risk cases. But, this is clearly mentioned in the new memo for backlog reduction.

What exact set of criteria they use to declare a case low risk is only known to USCIS. When we see 2nd FPs for some people and not others (belonging to the same time frame of ND), I believe, USCIS has pre-sorted those cases for adjudication before other applications filed during the same time frame.

can u send me the link to this new memo?

aloof said:
I believe that if you get 2nd FP, they are making your case ready for adjudication sometime down the line.

I live in hope...

WAC 02 253 xxxxx
EB1 EA
RD: 08.08.02
FP2: 06.12.04
3rd EAD/AP pending

I-140
RD: 01.15.02
AD: 03.05.02

Non-concurrent

wik said:
I live in hope...

WAC 02 253 xxxxx
EB1 EA
RD: 08.08.02
FP2: 06.12.04
3rd EAD/AP pending

I-140
RD: 01.15.02
AD: 03.05.02

Non-concurrent

wik

how long did it take for the online status to get updated after 2nd FP?

mjr_tx said:
wik

how long did it take for the online status to get updated after 2nd FP?

Did FP2 on 6/10, USCIS rcvd 6/12 (a Saturday!) and online status/touch updated 6/14 (Monday). Very quick.