2nd FP completed/Date current on Jun 1 2007/No LUD’s

Talked to Imm.officer today, She told Namecheck will be done onlye once.
Thanks for the update eb3_485... Hopefully its only once.. We cannot afford to go through the torture twice.

So what is the status of your case? Everything ready for approval?

GCVaruma.

Eb2???

Wonder whats happening with the EB2 cases. Thats what I posted in this thread : http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1690023&postcount=36.

What I think is that there are many EB3 cases that went into retrogression. So they are busy approving those cases which can be approved and soon they are going to run out of visa numbers as there are too many EB3 cases. But then they would have to approve the EB2 sooner or later.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Same case here. Got FP2 early last month but no LUD or any other change. Howedver, I did get a slew of emails over the course of 3 days or so telling me that my case has been sent to backlog center in Texas. However, I knew Texas thign since March of this year.

BTW what is Code 1/2 FP?

Same case here. Got FP2 early last month but no LUD or any other change. Howedver, I did get a slew of emails over the course of 3 days or so telling me that my case has been sent to backlog center in Texas. However, I knew Texas thign since March of this year.

BTW what is Code 1/2 FP?
Here is information about the Codes which you recieve for FP :

ASC code 1 is for your 10 finger fingerprints (called TENPRINTS). This is typically for your I-485
ASC code 2 is Biometrics. Thats your thumbprint, picture and signature. Typically for your I-765
ASC code 3 is for both of the above (consolidated into one)

Thanks,
GCVaruma.

Here is information about the Codes which you recieve for FP :

ASC code 1 is for your 10 finger fingerprints (called TENPRINTS). This is typically for your I-485
ASC code 2 is Biometrics. Thats your thumbprint, picture and signature. Typically for your I-765
ASC code 3 is for both of the above (consolidated into one)

Thanks,
GCVaruma.

I got Code 3 then for 485

NO LUD for me too. With 1st FP I saw the LUD within 2 days. GCvaruma, I am pretty sure that there is no namecheck with 2nd FP (atleast as long as it was code 1) since no biometrics are involved. Maybe it takes a week or so for them to get the FP. Should not be more than 2 weeks at the worst. That's just a theory.

I too did not get any LUDs after the second FP. When I called FBI I was told the fingerprints were cleared immediately!

NO LUD for me too. With 1st FP I saw the LUD within 2 days. GCvaruma, I am pretty sure that there is no namecheck with 2nd FP (atleast as long as it was code 1) since no biometrics are involved. Maybe it takes a week or so for them to get the FP. Should not be more than 2 weeks at the worst. That's just a theory.

dcmetro22042.. I am just hoping that there is no name check after your 2nd FP. It does not make sense for them to do a 2nd name check once it has been completed. The FBI is already over burdened with a lot of work and doing it again will be a waste of their time. That is the reason why I am still skeptical of what the USCIS Immigration Officer had told me. Let us hope for the best.

Also till date there are no LUD's?

Yankee_Boy.. When did you go for your 2nd FP and which date did they say that your name check has been cleared?

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Anyone know the phone number for FBI where one can find out if there check is complete? Its different from name check I know

What number did you use to call FBI and check? What info do they need from you?

FBI FP status check phone# 304-625-2000. Once connected to a rep - ask for the FingerPrinting status check and he/she will transfer you to another deptt. Listen instruction carefully (I believe you will have to press #3 or stay on the line). When asked - tell the rep that you are checking for the status of USCIS benefits related Finger Printing. Keep your A# handy.

Typically, FBI sends back the FP status same day. In my case too (Code 1 FP) LUD did not change, but FP was cleared same day.

Thanks, as you mentioned. Results were sent back to USCIS by FBI in 2 days. Normally there would have been an LUD around this time..but as many said..there shall not be in my case since case is at a Local office.

Last edited by a moderator:
dcmetro22042,

As per the officer he/she would be able to see the FP results in a week.

Thanks, as you mentioned. Results were sent back to USCIS by FBI in 2 days. Normally there would have been an LUD around this time..but as many said..there shall not be in my case since case is at a Local office.

There are not that many EB2 cases that has been approved. From the approved excel sheet which gc4chip has prepared :
EB2 : 9
EB3 : 51
Total - 60

So it looks like for every 1 EB2 cases they are approving 5 EB3 cases. USCIS and its mysterious ways..

Thanks.
GCVaruma.