2nd Fingerprints - Can we go early

Snehanjali

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

We Received a 2nd fingerprint notice today. They are for early Jan/2004. Can we walk in for the Fingerprints early.. I mean sometime this week or so..

Has anyone done that so far.. Ours are in Detroit BCIS..

Please post..

Thanks in Advance..

Hi Snehanjali,

We are in the same boat, from detroit. FP notice early Jan.
Pls post if you find out something. My lawyer asked to call BCIS Detroit and see if they allow that.
Thanks

from what we have seen from the posts, whether or not one could go in early for an FP differs from location to location. some BCIS local offices do entertain early walk-ins, no questions asked; some after some hemming and hawing; and others just dig their heels in and refuse to budge.

i am scheduled for my second FP in des moines, iowa, later this month, and i, too, was pondering if it is worth my while to take a chance with an earlier-than-scheduled walk in.

for those of you who have attempted this, could you please post your experiences at your local application support center (BCIS local office)?

this would be very helpful to all of us.

Thanks!

In Minneapolis ( St.Paul), Minnesota, Yes, they allow walk-ins. Recently, I did my I-485 finger prints ( 2 nd time) 19 days before scheduled date.

for des moines

We went to the des moines office today to trey for early fingerprinting....our appointment is on 12/18....they refused to take us early (just like raja234 had mentioned)...however when we mentioned that we will not be in town on 18th and we would rather cancel the trip instead of delaying the fingerprints, they said they can take us a week earlier but not before that. Asked us to come sometime after 11th. So we will be going on 11th.

Not in Detroit.

I went to Detroit BCIS office for my second FP early in Sep and the person on the front desk refuse to let me do it before the scheduled date. But you can try they might let you in.

Good Luck

Several of my friends have been refused early 2-nd fingerprinting in Detroit. Following their advice I wend on the scheduled date in early October. You may want to try, but chances are high that you will be refused.

Hi:

Please post if anyone has done the early fingerprints in Detroit. I would talk to our attorney and see what he says.

Thanks

I also got 2nd FP

Guys,

I talked to my lawer about early finger printing. He suggest you can try, if they accept that's fine. Otherwise you have to go again. It does not hurt anything to approach.

It's seems to be lot's of people are getting 2nd FP, how are the next phases are going to be!!!

Thanks

2nd Fingerprints

Hi:

Anythoughts on when we will recieve an RFE, once the 2nd Fingerprints have been ordered. Or, would we have an approval with the clearence of these 2nd Fingerprints.

Please Post,

I had bad experiance in Detroit Three months Back.

I was received 2FP Notice September 4 th 2003
INS Scheduled date was Spetember 30th 2003@ 12:30PM
Some one told me that we can take FP Prior to the date in Detroit INS office

Went to INS office September 6th @ 7AM

INS Officer was Verifed our scheduled date and she said please come back Sepeteber Exactly at 12PM do not come before

I Requested to INS Officer that September 30th is tuesday it was very Difficult to attend during the week day, Could you please consider our request. and also I was told her this our 2nd FP

INS Officer took all of my document to inside and she came back Replyed NO. If you want I can re-Schedule your date.

I asked her how soon

INS Office Replyed : Only date available is Nov 18 if you willing to

I replyed to Officer : OK I will come back at SEP 30th @12PM I am not going to re-shedule, thanks for your help

no way in Detroit

Hi guys:

My 2nd FP is scheduled on 12/30. I went to the Detroit support center to try my luck this morning. But they abruptly rejected me and asked me to reschedule for a later date. So seems like they are sticking with this policy without giving anybody an earlier chance. Don't waste you in Detroit.

no way in Detroit

Hi guys:

My 2nd FG is scheduled on 12/30. I went to the Detroit support center to try my luck. But they abruptly rejected me and asked to reschedule for a later date. So seems like they are sticking with this policy without giving anybody an earlier chance. Don't waste you in Detroit.

One way street.

It's a one way street. If they give you a date and want to postpone (read not work on your case) they do it. But if you need to get some stuff done prior to the scheduled date, idiots are not going to allow that. For 485 notices some people have the notice that their application will be processed within 400-450 days and if they choose to not work on it even on 500 day you dont get any explanation. Weired..!

Cheers!
Currys

hi everyone, this is my experience as posted on "and there was light!" thread - didn't realize people were discussing the issue on this one...

this morning, i went in with all my intact fingers (that's ten of them, i actually counted, with still no fins in sight!) and had FP2 done without any fuss or frustration. the man at the gate is a bit hard-of-hearing, and the lady in charge is a chatterbox (as i've found out last month for my EAD forays), but they heard me loud and clear, as did i.

the "correct" date prescribed by His Majesty was 16th December, but i wasn't proscribed from beating the system by a healthy fortnight. whether that translates into an early adjudication, or just means slippage of 15 more months into coaxing out an FP2, i know not.

Hi
I went ahead of my scheduled appointments.
They accepted for my 1st and 2nd finger printing in Chicago.

Why do they have different rules for diff cities. If they can do it in Chicago, Tuczon or Minneapolis.... Why not in Detroit?.

Can't understand the BCIS/INS/USCIS guys do we..