2nd Fingerprint taken on 05/14, no update online, why?

meiou

Registered Users (C)
I took the second fingerprint on May 14, 2004, and now it's June 16. The online message still shows that they received my first fingerprint at Nov. 2002, and no update on the second fingerprint. Is there anybody having the same experience? :confused:

I had my FP on April 9th. Still no update.. I haven't contacted INS either but I plan to do it any day now just to make sure things are ok.
Anyway I guess there are a number of people in this situation..

I did 2nd FP on the schedule, not early, not late.

I did 2nd FP on the schedule, not early, not late. I just would like to know if there is anybody finding online message updated upon the 2nd FP, or there is no update on it at all.

meiou said:
I did 2nd FP on the schedule, not early, not late. I just would like to know if there is anybody finding online message updated upon the 2nd FP, or there is no update on it at all.

Looking at prior postings of users like umyal etc... Last updated date changes but not the message. Message still is old FP1 message.

hope this helps.

Thanks, this may be the reason.

My last update is 06/03/04, but the message is still on the 1st FP.

Same here, we did on May 13th (scheduled date/time). Only last updated date changed, but no message though. Its still RFE received bla bla. Waiting continues....

Because they are busy checking your fingerprints first, against so many sleeper cells in the country. Relax!

For me also only the last updated date had changed.
But it never said FP2 received etc. I had gone for FP2 on scheduled date.
Had also done biometrics for EAD on the same date (04/09/2004)
It did say the same for RFE received..

They usually update in 3 to 4 weeks. In my case they took 5 weeks. So don't panic. Check with FBI if they have cleared and there is no point calling USCIS as they will tell you the same message on the web

2nd Finger Print Taken on 6th Jun 2004 but no Update Onle

Me and my wife's Fingerprint was taken on 12th Jun 2004 and on 16th Jun 2004 they updated my case but the online status remains the same on First Finger print. My guess is that, when they receive thge first finger print they show the status but after that they don't change it even if you go for 2nd or 3rd finger print.

This is just my guess.

status updated after FP2

san_1 said:
I had my FP on April 9th. Still no update.. I haven't contacted INS either but I plan to do it any day now just to make sure things are ok.
Anyway I guess there are a number of people in this situation..

I had mine FP2 on 4/9/04, status updated within one week, but the date kept changing, at last it stopped at 5/6/04, now waiting for the big day
:confused:

Actually, I got an email today about my and family's case approved.
I have posted details in another thread "Approval email today, July 2002 case"

So I think now it does not matter if the online message changes to reflect whether FP2 received by USCIS or not.