2nd EAD - it takes 80 days.. and waiting

Random

Registered Users (C)
My EAD expires in a week. The notice date for second EAD application is October 19, 2000. The notice letter says it takes 80 days to process this case... do they mean 80 "working days" or 80 days "including weekends" ???

Anyone with 2nd EAd experience can please share it with me?

As for my I-485:
EB1 cat.
RD 10/13/99
ND 11/30/99
FP 4/5/00

still waiting..

No Title

Iam in the same situation,I applied for EAD remewal during 2nd week of oct\'00 and havent got any communication from INS till date,what is the notice letter you have mentioned in you message,did you get any notice letter from INs after your renewal application was filed,please explain

No Title

You should have received a notice letter fom INS. Were your checks cashed? Because in the case that your EAd expires the checks are the only proof you have that they ever received your renew EAD application.
You better call INS. Be prepared and be patient: Dial many thousand times the number until you get a ringing tone. Then wait on the line for half an hour.

No Title

You may want to go to the local INS office and apply - you will get the EAD the same day and then send a letter to TSC saying that you got it from your local office. Consult with your Immigration attorney before you do this.

No Title

I don\'t have an attorney. Do you need to pay again at the local INS office? And obviously you need to bring some pictures

No Title

AFTER 90 DAYS YOU CAN GO TO LOCAL INS WITH THE PROVE THAT YOU ARE WAITING FOR MORE THAN 90 DAYS,AND GET ON SAME DAY.
IS JUST MY OPINION BASED ON THE INFORMATIONS ON THIS SITE.
I WOULD CALL THE INS FIRST,THEY MAY APPROVALL YOUR CASE FIRST.

No Title

Posted By: pvsskr 12/26/00 4:18 PM
(#1 of 5)
1) Once I file for I-485, I do not have to leave the country (even if my 6yr H-1B expires). Is this correct ? Do I have to have the 485 receipt in hand in order to do so or is just filing for 485 enough ?
ANS: FILING IS ENOUGH. YOU CAN STAY. BUT YOU SHOULD RECEIVE YOUR RECEIPT NOTICE WITHIN 120 DAYS.
2) Can I continue to work beyond Jan 30th with just the AD receipt even if I do not receive my AD card by that time ? I read in one of the discussions in this group that it\'s mentioned in the I-9 that the receipt will do until the actual card arrives.
ANS: IT IS NOT AD IT IS EAD (Employment Authorization Document). YOU CANNOT WORK UNTIL YOU RECEIVE YOUR EAD CARD.

3) Can I start my own company and work for it as soon as I receive my AD card OR do I have to wait for my actual Green Card to arrive ?
AS SOON AS YOU GET YOUR EAD,I THINK YOU CAN START AND WORK FOR YOUR OWN COMPANY.

4) Can I go to my local INS Office (Chicago) to get my AD if I need it immediately (assuming that I show them the 485 receipt and other needed documents ) ?
ANS: NO. YOU CAN GO TO LOCAL OFFICE ONLY AFTER 90 DAYS OF WAITING AFTE YOUR EAD RECEIPT DATE.

HOPE THIS HELP,SEE THE DATE OF THE POST,02 DAYS A GO.

No Title

Well last week I sent my renewal application by Fedex INS received it next day they encashed my check sent me Receipt notice in One week time I got Receipt notice.It says 80 days.