273 Days to Green Card

JustCounting

Registered Users (C)
Well, I guess it could have been worse. The wait nearly killed our marriage several times over :) I would not recommend anyone to file AOS in Tennessee. We had no issues, no RFEs, no delays except the Memphis office is slooowwww. Our interview was horrid. I had all our joint paperwork but he asked for nothing. Didn't want to see pictures, bank accts, insurance, nothing. Didn't seem to question the validity of our marriage at all. Just grilled my husband about one entry on his B2 Visa back in 2004. My husband also had a NY State DL that he'd gotten back before Sept 11 (lonngg before we met) and he got grilled over that, too. (Tennessee won't issue a DL without a GC) Guy actually used the word "lie" several times. I was in such shock, I just sat there with my usually sarcastic mouth hanging open (probably a good thing as it turns out). In the middle of this interrogation, just when I was ready to stand up and walk out, the officer just completely switched tones and gears and said, "I'm going to approve this case" and started telling us about how to file for the 10-year card. I wasn't processing anything at this point. I still don't quite understand what happened or why, as it seems the conclusion was already decided prior to us entering the room. :confused:

He never shook our hands, never introduced himself, never smiled. We got the card today and my husband's first name is misspelled. Its the last piece of irony, I think. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful we have the opportunity to marry the people we love and have them stay with us in this country. I am a professional, at the top of my field; and my husband is from a highly respected family in his country. I have paid taxes for four decades, I have never broken the law and have been a productive member of this society. We will now both pay taxes and follow the laws of this country. I think the tone and manner of the interview was uncalled for; but as many here have pointed out - its the USCIS. They are a law unto themselves.

Thank you all for your support through this and good luck !

USC Married to Italian on B2
D.O. Memphis

April 28, 2006 - Married
May 28, 2006: I-130, I-485, I-765 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
Day 1: May 29 RD
Day 9: June 6 ND
Day 11: June 8 NOAs on I-130, I-485, I-765
Day 18: June15 Appt letter for Biometrics
Day 19: June 19 LUD I-130
Day 31: June 28 Biometrics in Nashville
Day 32: June 29 LUD I-485, I-765
Day 78: Aug 14: Case Status Inquiry filed/LUD I-765
Day 82: Aug 18 EAD approved via email
Day 83: Aug 19 EAD card arrives
Day 85: Aug 21 LUD on I-765
Day 88: Aug 24 Applied for SS#
Day 95: Aug 31 SS card arrives
Day 174: Nov 18 – Interview letter arrives for 2/14/2007
Day 246: Jan 30 Email stating interview Descheduled/Cancelled

Day 261: Feb 14: Went to Interview in Memphis anyway. Approved (no stamp, was told GC would arrive in 7-10 days)
Day 262: Feb 15: Email notice of Approval of I-485 and I-130
Day 267: Feb 20: Welcome letter, petition approvals received via US Postal Service
Day 267: Feb 20: Received email that “card production has been ordered”
Day 273: Feb 26: Green Card arrives in mail

hey..congraduations.
It is a quick process actually for you guys. It is great.
It took longer for me than you guys to get an interview letter.
Hopefully my interview can go smoothly.:p
I dont' know why those officer need to be so mean. I am happy for you guys. Have a great life together :D