26 months?

140seekerJune

Registered Users (C)
I called BCIS to know the status of my case which was filed in August, 2002. The person at the office told me it is taking 26 months to process this case. Can you imagine this?

Though the NSC website says it is processing August, 2001 cases there are lot of postings in this forum saying they are processing Jan 2002 cases. So is it going to take the 26 months?

No, I do not think so. Probably it might take 20 to 24 Months time. But the real picture will emerge by Oct end, when they restart processing of I485. So far I have seen guys getting their approval within 20Months time period except for few unfortunate cases. In totality I think only 5 to 10% cases fall in more than 20Months time period.

Would appreciate others view also.

andy2000... How do you know that I-485 processing will be restarted by October? Did you get this information from an IIO or is there a link where I can find this information.

Please let me know.

It is starting of their fiscal year.
So they are going to start from 1st October.
And by the end of October we will get results.
So based upon those results we can say somethings.

There is no consistent rule in NSC

I also called NSC couple of days before. That lady told me that as per as current processing time is concerned it is taking 26 months and for me she told call after April 2004 if you did not hear anything from US, because my RD is Feb 2002.

Don't be upset guys. Our time will come. We will here the joy news one day. It is matter of time.

Thanks

Jekd

26?

Who knows 26 becomes 40? The concern is that you dont have freedom to move on with some other employer as well as doing a FP once again.