245(k)

When I was F-1 student, I illegally worked about 2 weeks. Now I am going to file I-485 (I-140 has been approved). Am I eligible to file I-485 under 245(k)?
What is 245(k)? What forms do I need submit with I-485? Where could I find info about 245(k)? Is the process much slower than I-485 without 245(k)?

Thanks much in advance!

I don\'t know the answer, but consult a lawyer and file it fast.

INS has come up with a zero tolerance policy for out of status issues. Officers henceforth will not have any discretion to consider any out of status issues like they used to, they are going to start denying such cases. I don\'t know if this is implemented yet, so act fast.

245 (k)

It is my understanding that you will be out of status from the day you accepted the unauthorized employment until you either leave the country or file you AOS, whichever comes first. If you leave the country after accepting unauthorized employment you will be back in status after being re-admitted again.

I don\'t think that any additional paperwork must be filed, but I would urge you to list the unaothorized employment on for G-325.

Good luck!

Mark

No Title

If your duration is greater then 180 days, I think you can file 245i. Please consult a lawyer. Good luck