245- i case

kannel

Registered Users (C)
my case has been transfered to local detroit office for an interview from VSC....my RD Nov 2002...I filed 245i case... please share your 245i interview experience....do you think I should take my attorney with me for the interview...she lives in atlanta....the interview is in detroit....i don't know how much she charges...i am worried....please help me out.....is it better to take an attorney for an interview....please helpppp

kannel

I am not sure if u require an attorney but since urs is a 245 -i u may want to ask ur attorney directly. If he /she would not mind why not .. she may charge though .. u may want to find out first .when is ur interview ?.. Good luck !! i saw another person someone in New york who got approved but under 245k i think.. keep us posted with ur interview experience.

NO NEED TO TAKE LAWYER TO INTERVIEW

HEY THERE,
I HAVE THE SAME CASE 245 I AND SO DO A LOT OF MY FRIENDS, RECENTLY ONE OF THEM JUST GOT HIS PASSPORT STAMPED AT WASH DC, the interview is pretty simple, all they do is ask you to raise your hand and swear that all you will say its the truth, after that the officer aks " is your name so and so....?
were you born in xxxx? the may ask you to take last 3 years taxes, employment letter etc, no need to take lawyer, but if it makes you feel better a lawyer will charge aproxx 500.00 bucks

so if its worth you tranquility, take one !!!!
good luck:)

thanks for your info. I worked only 2 months for 2001. If they ask me to provide w2s, I don't know what to say...My attorney is in Atlanta and the interview is in detroit. she is asking me to pay $3500 travel from there to here. OR she suggested me to take one of the local attorneys....what do you guys suggest...please let me know....

no w2 or 1099

well , what they really want is to see that you have not collected any public help, unemployment etc.....will give you some more tips later ok

make something up

take some of your past bank statements, how did you survive if you only worked for 2 months during that year?
see the questions...............where did you get money to pay for bills?.....rent??...........why dont you file late taxes, like right now you could file income from overseas for example.....and report it as late filing pay the penalty and the share of taxes, and there you go....you hace 2001 taxes........
.......post your reply pls.

Hi kannel: I am also a 245-i applicant simillar RD from NY state. But Just got my file transfer from VSC to MSC for them to schudle & conduct interview. I am in NY but not sure why they have transfer my cases to MSC. By the way di you pay $1000 with you application?. Did you applied for your spouses under 245-i category? Your are lucky because you got your interview date. Good luck to you. I think you better take a lawyer just incase.

thanks for info. I still have not got the interview date yet. they sent me the second fp notice. yes. i filed 245i for my spouse too. don't worry. everything will be okay. can you pelase give me the details of your case....how did you become 245i....did you still have h1 when you apply for 485...

Hi kannel: I am F1 status after finishing school applied for Lulac (a late amenesty case) worked with the EAD and company applied for LC/140 then 485. Hopes it helps

I have applied for I485 under 245i , but now I am very worried that the dates will not match the 245i requirements: "Immigration Petition (I140) or Labor Certification prior to AUG 2001".
My whole package went to DOL on 03/26/2001, approved 01/22/2002, and I140 sent in Feb 2002. I485 RD 05/02/2002.
Does anybody have any experiences with 245i?? Any opinions, comments?
Thank you so much.

245i

> "Immigration Petition (I140) or Labor Certification prior to AUG 2001"

You should be fine. The labor cert has to be filed before 4/30, but not necessarily approved. They also have something like 'approvable when filed' in there. So even some LC's that got denied later qualified bc at the time they could have been approved.

(I am not a lawyer)