24 Months, it is!!!

wandergirlus

Registered Users (C)
Just got off the phone with my attorney. She told me that NSC is not going to touch any I485 EB cases this month (September), that 24 months, it is, for the processing time for I485 EB, that there is no use to contact senator or congr. man or anything, that I just have to be patient, my A*$ !!

Nice !

24 months for now, by the time it's 24 months, we don't know how long it's gonna be. Every time # number of days on the case status is close to complete, they change the number of days. I'm 19 month now. By the time I complete the 24 months, the case status would say 1500-3000 days

:)

I am in my 19th month too. My RD is Jan 2002. My attorney said I won't see anything for another few months, though I know by that time, the time frame will change again, maybe to 36 months. I did run the greenland script for my RD day, 46% of the 485 cases for this day had been approved. I am waiting to see if it changs dramatically in Oct (the begining of new fiscal year of USCIS)

Great NEWS ... !!!

I'm in 22nd month right now, I've submitted everything that INS demanded from time to time. Forms, FP, RFE etc. Now, I'm applying for my EAD for the 3rd time.

I hope that my GC comes through before my 3rd EAD and AP.

Thanks

my major concern

My major concern is that my FP has been expired for 3 months. I haven't heard anything from USCIS yet. I've got my first EAD in May, I am on my second AP right now and in process of applying for my 3rd one (2nd one expires in Feb next year). There is no RFE. I called IIC several times, seems like that they are accessing the same system as us and all they can do is, really, to read of off the on line status check screen. I don't understand if that's the only thing they can do, why does USCIS even spend tax payer's money to run this center?

Hi wandergirlus, do you mean NSC is not going to touch any I485 EB cases that younger than 24 months? Or do you mean NSC is not going to touch any I485 cases regardless how long the case is?
Sorry for my not understanding. Could u please clerify?

This is what my lawer says ...

"Hello! We're doing fine. Hope things are still going well for you too. Anyway, nothing exciting on the Adjustment of Status (I-485) applications yet. The INS is still moving at a turtle's pace. However, we do have some potentially promising news. It looks like they finally have a plan to get their backlogs of these applications under control. We're told to expect to see some faster movement on these filings starting as early as October 1st.
Of course, I'll believe it when I see it. ;)

We'll let you know the moment we hear/see anything exciting.

Chris"

jpmbank, thanks for sharing your letter with us. It is definitly something that we need to hear every once a while as we go crazy waiting for the GC. Oct 1 is the start of new fiscal year for USCIS, so it is confirmed my attorney's info in another way. We'll see what happens. We do have only two and half weeks to go and I have my greenland script ready to run ...

If It is 24 Months Then That Is Great

It is taking 20 months at present for EB cases to be looked at. We can see activity of Jan 01 cases in Rupnet. However it is taking them 3 months to process 1 months worth of cases, so the backlog grows every day. From what I have seen NSC has only 5 adjudicators working I-485 cases and we know from the scripts that we see between 300-500 I-485 cases per day. There is no way 5 people could withstand this snowstorm. Unless they add resources, 24 months may be the waiting period by the time they get through January cases, but we will see this wait time grow from 2-3 months per RD case month. ie March 02 cases will have had to wait 27 months, April 03 30 months etc

This 3 month timeframe to perform initial case review per RD month has been what I have observed since I started keeping records on this in Nov last year. I am quite confident about it now.

Paul, I see lots of Jan cases have albready been touched (I run the script for the last day of Jan 2002) so I hope that 24 months is the time frame of getting everything approved. But I agree that I485 cases are mountaining every day and there is no way for them to catch up the speed unless they give more resourse to this division. I am sincerely hoping that starting Oct 1, we'll be able to see sign of movement with this case type.

I just can't hold myself to Oct to run the script and ... surely, nothing at all had processed for the past 10 days for I485 cases for the day I run for (02-098). Anybody who can prove me wrong is highly welcome ...

BCIS says that they will start on I485 applications starting from OCt 1 st of 2003 but you will not see the dates moving til mid of Oct. Becuase NSC releases the processing dates every 15 days (technically speaking!!!!)

Hope things would move fast from Oct 1st...

Regards
Manju