221g-urgent-passport retained-please help

BL1 Visa

Hi Guys,
Additional administrative processing is completed. It took around 4.5 months and last week I received the VISA for 1 year. Wish you all the best.
Cheers,
Naveen

Visa officer did't say anything about administrative processing, Is it default to everybody now the additional procesing time?

Hi,
Today when i called TT Services, The agent told me that they contacted consulate and I have to go give finger prints agian.
I am confused, I don't konw why they are calling me agian.
Any advise will helpful.

Thanks,
Raju

Hi I applied H1B visa in UK in nov 2005. Consulate refused my visa under section 221g. I submitted my docs in May 2006. Now they are doing administrative processing. Can you please tell me how long they take and how can I contact DOS in USA and what do I need to ask them for my case. Please help me.
Thanking you
Anu

Hi, Even i got stuck with this admin processing. But surprisingly i was not issued pink slip and saying its in admin processing.

First when i went for interview they have issued 221(g) requesting letter form client and some supporting docs from the employer. After i received the docs from USA(within a week) again i went for interview, then they took DD for Rs.2300 , requested docs and my passport. It's almost 6 weeks now and i have not yet received my passport. I called the US Consulate in India someone answered the phone and asked me to call him again after one week.

Can someone advice me, if i could call the DOS to track my case. Now i'm really worried i may loose my job.

I would appreciate for your response.

Thanks

H1Guy2006 said:
Hi, Even i got stuck with this admin processing. But surprisingly i was not issued pink slip and saying its in admin processing.

First when i went for interview they have issued 221(g) requesting letter form client and some supporting docs from the employer. After i received the docs from USA(within a week) again i went for interview, then they took DD for Rs.2300 , requested docs and my passport. It's almost 6 weeks now and i have not yet received my passport. I called the US Consulate in India someone answered the phone and asked me to call him again after one week.

Can someone advice me, if i could call the DOS to track my case. Now i'm really worried i may loose my job.

I would appreciate for your response.

Thanks

Hi

Sorry to hear about your case. Hope you get it soon.

Could you tell us what kind of documents were requested from your company? I have appt. at mumbai consulate in Nov. My company (small) was recently aquired by a big company. I ofcourse have employment verification letter, paystubs from new company. Plus I have their press releases announcing the aquisition and H1 in new company name. I was just wondering what else I can take?

if anybody else has any experience pls let me know. any input very much appreciated

dhm2002

Please make sure to take the following:

Employer:

1. Photos - pls make sure take good ones
2. Employment Offer Letter
3. H1 Petition
4. Pay stubs
5. W2

Client(If you are working at client):

1. Photos
2. Letter from client - make sure to get on the clients letter head

Of course they make ask you like how did you join your employer, how many employees, markting analysis etc.,

Best of Luck

You guys can also share your experiences (and add your name to the list) in this tracker thread.