221g section- visa was not issued

ksprsad said:
Guys,
I am happy to announce that I got my H1 Visa approved. Went to consulate 2nd time on 22nd Dec after a 221(g). My employer sent me all the required documents though for some qeury he gave some answers without sending(w2 forms).
I went inside the consulate at 10AM and came out at 3PM. I was interviewed twice by 2 different officers.

Interview process went on like this::

1. This time also same officer took my interview. He asked me about the new set of documents that are asked in 221-g form. I had already put in the file and I said all the docs are already put in the file. He just went through all the docs once.
2. He asked what language I am familiar in programming. I told Java. He went inside and got some Java related Questionnaire and asked me few basic technical questions in Java. I did answer some answers and some wrong. It was a surprise for me. My degree is Mechanical engineering so probably he tested me in programming.
3. Again I was asked to wait for another round of interview with different officer. This time a lady officer asked me What I would do if my employer did not pay me. I told He will pay me even if I am on bench. She told they will not pay.
4. She asked where is my wife. I told she has done MS in US and returned back. Currently working in India in xxx company.
5. Again she asked Is my wife interested in going to US. I told yes and she has also applied for Visa along with me for the same employer.
6. She just thought for a while and told me if either one of us get good job then its easy to survive. Asked me to go and pay the fee in counter 1.

That was it. I just paid the visa fee and came out @ 3PM.

Thank you all who has guided me in this regard
Regards
Shiva
It will be very helpful to me i f you can tell me how your employer answred the w2 queries .
Thank you

OCT2000 said:
MY cousin is in the same situation as you had. He went to Tijuana, to get stamped (convrting from F1 to H1) and got 221g query. He did his masters degree in Mechanical Engg and now he is working as a software engg after some training in his current work field. But the visa officer simply said that you did your masters in Mechanical and we are sending your case to DC and you got to wait for 6 to 8 weeks. She didn't even lister to him when he is trying explain him how got into software field. Now he is stranded in Mexico. He is still having valid F1 visa and he is out of school more than a year ago. Consular officer told him that he can go back to USA using his current visa but he was stopped at POE for not having H1 visa after he showed H1 approval. What else he can do to come back to USA? Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Do you have any updates on ur Cousin's case yet. Please keep us posted. Thanks

please guide

I have a general question related to my wife's visa. My wife was staying in USA for past 2 years on F2 and got her status changed to F1 and started her studies while in US. This time when she traveled to India she applied for F1 visa stamping. After her interview in Mumbai, the consulate informed her that her name was very common and therefore she will have to go thro the fingerprinting procedure before they proceed further. She gave her fingerprints on Dec 19 2005. I would like to know how long this process will take to clear as her 2nd semester studies start on Jan 11 2006. Is there a way we can expedite the process?
Thanks,
Regards,
Manish

L1b at Mumbai consulate and fingerprint process

Hi,
I had come on vacation from US and i had to restamp L1B as it was expired while i was in US though i94 was valid.
On the day of interview everything went well but later on after 3 days i got call from consulate that i need to appear for 10 fingerprints. Then i went to Mumbai consulate for fingerprints on 4th Nov. ( My interview was on 24th October). Now it is more than 2 months i have given fingerprints but still i did not get any response from Mumbai consulate. They are asking me to wait.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Rajesh

221(g) Visa was not issued

Hello friends,

I went to US in L1 from Singapore and converted the L1 to H1 there and continuing in the same client for the past one and half year.

I came back to Singapore for vacation, as I am a Singapore PR, I applied for my H1 visa stamping in Singapore yesterday(11/01/2006), I have shown all the documents the officer asked, after checked my client letter(Signed by VP of Sony Electronics) the officer said that he wants to talk with my manager in US and then he will call me back.

He returned my passport with 221(g) and retained all the other documents like Cashier Order, I-797 and I-129 and all my company letter.

He refused to take my manager's hand phone number and he took only his desk number.

When I asked for the period he said 2 days to 1 week.

Is it ok to ask my manager in US to call and speak with the immigration officer in Singapore or I need to wait for his call.

My manager is a very busy person and most of the time he attends meetings, so getting him in his desk is very difficult.

Somebody pls advise.

Thanks

Rgds

Saran.

mrs_71 said:
Hello friends,

I went to US in L1 from Singapore and converted the L1 to H1 there and continuing in the same client for the past one and half year.

I came back to Singapore for vacation, as I am a Singapore PR, I applied for my H1 visa stamping in Singapore yesterday(11/01/2006), I have shown all the documents the officer asked, after checked my client letter(Signed by VP of Sony Electronics) the officer said that he wants to talk with my manager in US and then he will call me back.

He returned my passport with 221(g) and retained all the other documents like Cashier Order, I-797 and I-129 and all my company letter.

He refused to take my manager's hand phone number and he took only his desk number.

When I asked for the period he said 2 days to 1 week.

Is it ok to ask my manager in US to call and speak with the immigration officer in Singapore or I need to wait for his call.

My manager is a very busy person and most of the time he attends meetings, so getting him in his desk is very difficult.

Somebody pls advise.

Thanks

Rgds

Saran.

Did they take any fingerprints ..... ? I think they want to do a administrative processing on you ....

jaisingh said:
Did they take any fingerprints ..... ? I think they want to do a administrative processing on you ....

Hi Jai,

He took my wife's finger prints but he didn't take mine.

Finally he told me like, you suppose to go to India, its ok I will call you, you are here on vacation right.

Rgds

Saran

mrs_71 said:
Hi Jai,

He took my wife's finger prints but he didn't take mine.

Finally he told me like, you suppose to go to India, its ok I will call you, you are here on vacation right.

Rgds

Saran

Please keep contacting them ....... I strongly feel evrything should be okay

jaisingh said:
Please keep contacting them ....... I strongly feel evrything should be okay

Thanks a lot for your info Jai. Sorry to ask you again.

Can I ask them now itself or wait for 1 week(office told 1 week) and if no info from them then call.

Pls advise.

Thanks

Rgds

Saran.

Need Help

Hi Cuteblrguy,
Just wanted to know if you got your visa from consulate as i have also got a mail similar to the one you had posted.

What are the things they ask during the personal interview....

I would be grateful to anyone who could share his/her experience on the same.

Thanks. :confused:

Hi Cuteblrguy,
Just wanted to know if you got your visa from consulate as i have also got a mail similar to the one you had posted.

What are the things they ask during the personal interview....

I would be grateful to anyone who could share his/her experience on the same.

Thanks.

Not a single one rejected/refused

I am trying to understand about 221(g).
I never any wher on net found a single person who was finally refused H1b.
There were delay only... from 15days to 6 months..
Am I right?

Yes you are Right .....

Bidu said:
I am trying to understand about 221(g).
I never any wher on net found a single person who was finally refused H1b.
There were delay only... from 15days to 6 months..
Am I right?

fingerprinting clearance time

Dear RKGARG_2005,
howlong did it take for you to get the visa after getting fingerprinted.I believe you paid $85 for fingerprinting?
kris

It usually takes about 4 weeks (now it is Christmas season!! - perhaps longer) I would call them after 4 weeks. In reality, it is just a question of time.. I don't see any complications. If you are not travelling this holiday season, sit back and relax and let it take its time. Call after 4 weeks, you probably will be ready to get the visa at that point.

carrots said:
Could u please tell me as to how long did it take for u to receive a call from them.

Could u please tell me how much time it took for u to receive the visa? and also did they do any checks for u?

cuteblrguy said:
Hi

friends,finally on december 26th ive gone for interview 2nd time and they have issued me counter visa now,

so thats story of mycase,so 221g guys need not worry some times if u dont have proper docuementation also,all enquiries are dumb

cuteblrguy

221g on H1B

Guys

I got 221g on my H1b visa recently. Is there any way ( other than looking at their website which only shows pending/SEND PPT ) where we can enquire more details about what is happening to our case?

I understand that they have mentioned on their website not to contact the consulate as this would further delay the process.

Pls help
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,
I am guessing that even if you call them that they are going to say that it is pending. Due to Christmas vacation, it is probably taking longer than usual. So, hang in there, it is a question of time, before it is done.

If does not happen for another week, I would say, try calling the consulate

myd said:
Guys

I got 221g on my H1b visa recently. Is there any way ( other than looking at their website which only shows pending/SEND PPT ) where we can enquire more details about what is happening to our case?

I understand that they have mentioned on their website not to contact the consulate as this would further delay the process.

Pls help
Thanks