221g related questions..., please help

ksprsad said:
Even I got 221(g) rejection for first time H1B visa in Chennai consulate. They asked me to get the following documents.
1) Interior and exterior photos of the employer and the premises where worker will be deployed.
2) w2 forms of all the employees
3) provide details of specific of how worker will be employed for next 12 months and
4) A list of candidates petitioned in Chennai consulate

Can anyone tell me whether my employer will be able to produce all the above documents. I guess there may be some issues with points 2 and 3.

In case if I get the above document will I be able to get the Visa?

Please give some info!!

Thanks
Shiv

Hi one of my friend also got this kind of query asking for same documnets
his Employer provided all the required documents, he got his visa so you should be getting visa once you submit all the documents.
good luck.

221(g) case

hi kgooty,
Thanks for your information. I think it gives me some confidence now. I am waiting for the documents from my employer. Thanks.

kgooty said:
Hi one of my friend also got this kind of query asking for same documnets
his Employer provided all the required documents, he got his visa so you should be getting visa once you submit all the documents.
good luck.

Now a days even big companies getting these kind of 221-g notices. I guess, if consulate finds/doubts there are several visa requests from that company OR it's consulting firm(h1-dependant) with possible wage/tax violations OR prior H1-B abuse track record

After waiting more than six months I got call from US embassy in Delhi. I have an appointment on Monday at 3.

221 g case

Hi Friends,
Finally my employer posted the required documents. I will be receiving them by this weekend. I will be re-appearing for for H1 visa interview next week at chennai. Hope I will get the visa done this time. Will update you all about my case.

221(g) case

Hi Friends,
Finally I got my H1B visa stamped last wednesday in chennai after 221(g) query.
Took all the extra docs that were asked in the query. Officer interviewed me in Java(because my BE is in Mech.Engg). He asked all the basics of Java and web programming.
Another officer verified my certificates and finally after getting convinced, she asked me to pay the fee.
My wife also got her H1 along with me. Even she got a query similar to that of mine.

My Wife's I797B form has not been returned to her from consulate. We recieved our passports. Do anyone know how long it takes to get a duplicate copy if consulate does not return.

Thank you
Shiva Prasad K.

Congrats Prasad!

ksprsad said:
Hi Friends,
Finally I got my H1B visa stamped last wednesday in chennai after 221(g) query.
Took all the extra docs that were asked in the query. Officer interviewed me in Java(because my BE is in Mech.Engg). He asked all the basics of Java and web programming.
Another officer verified my certificates and finally after getting convinced, she asked me to pay the fee.
:
:
Shiva Prasad K.

Hi Prasad,
Congratulations to you and your wife! Can you tell what questions (technical & non technical) were asked. One of my friend got 221(g) a month back and is planning to go again (of course with the docs they asked!) in next 10 days. It would not only help my friend but everyone who is going to go for stamping, if you spare some of your time by putting down the questions.

All the Best in USA!

221(g) query

Chithu,
H1 Visa Interview process went on like this::

1. This time also same officer took my interview. He asked me about the new set of documents that are asked in 221-g form. I had already put in the file and I said all the docs are already put in the file. He just went through all the docs once.
2. He asked what language I am familiar in programming. I told Java. He went inside and got some Java related Questionnaire and asked me few basic technical questions in Java. I did answer some answers and some wrong. It was a surprise for me. My degree is Mechanical engineering so probably he tested me in programming.
3. Again I was asked to wait for another round of interview with different officer. This time a lady officer asked me What I would do if my employer did not pay me. I told He will pay me even if I am on bench. She told they will not pay.
4. She asked where is my wife. I told she has done MS in US and returned back. Currently working in India in xxx company.
5. Again she asked Is my wife interested in going to US. I told yes and she has also applied for Visa along with me for the same employer.
6. She just thought for a while and told me if either one of us get good job then its easy to survive. Asked me to go and pay the fee in counter 1.

That was it. I just paid the visa fee and came out @ 3PM.
Some Java questions asked are::
1. What is MVC
2. How do u declare a constant
3. What are static classes and functions
4. What are the components given by Oracle to access its database
5. doPost and doGet methods.
I guess all basics only right!!

Thank you

Thank you very much Prasad. I will let my friend know these questions... I have another Q. Did you take Demand Drafts again? (when you went for second time). Please let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks again.

Do you need to take an appontment again?

Hello,

My friend's H1B has been put on hold under section 221g as they need some additional documents...Would he need to take an appointment again? He has to appear at Delhi Embassy...

Thanks a lot!

221 g

Chithu,
No. I did not make any fresh DD's. Old one's would be sufficient. Ask him to take only Visa fee DD i.e., around 2300/- I guess. Rest all would have been paid during the first interview time.
Regards
Shiva Prasad.

Mine at Delhi consulate 221(g)

hi friends ,

I am new victim under 221(g).

The Delhi consulate retained my Degree Original.

and he didnot gave me any acknowledgement for this .

Is it safe to leave my Degree certificate with them
(Mine is not under Administrative Process) He wants me to come back again with some more information relating to my Employers payroll info of 2004

please help me to find any one who is in the similar situation ....,, if u have any idea please let me know about ur experiences

My interview at consulate office gone like this

I showed my refusal letter to the officer

VO:show me ur passport

VO: ur approval notice

VO: Ur employers Petetion for H1b

I gave all the documents

VO: how many employees at ur USA company ?
Praveen(Me) : ** employees Mam (i got to know about this from the
papers in my petetion )

Then she started checking the documents

VO: Sir we asked for all the employees W2 forms. But there are only **
Me : They sent me the forms which are available at present.

VO:This is already 2005 how can your employer dont have the W2 forms
for 2004 till now
Me :I think My employer might have sent me the W2 forms only for H1
employees only
(I told this as i saw the paper in Visa Officers hand showing the
list of H1b employees as **)

Then she started looking at photographs, Annual reports and remaining things

VO: Do u have income tax return for 2003
ME: yes Mam

I showed the income tax returns which i had with the previous papers

then she started checking on the paper what are the documents she
received and she kept all the documents with her and told me to wait
untill she calls

There are some people who are waiting like me but for h4 , immigrant , B1 visas
I sat with them.

After every one had left another VO had called me up holding my papers

VO :how do u come to know about this company
me : I got to know about this company from internet and submitted my
resume and...

when i am telling him

VO(interrupted me): Do u have ur degree certificate
Me : i Showed my degree certificate

he held it across the tube light in the top and checked for the water
mark logo of andhra university on the certificate

later he took the certificate inside the office and came back

VO : do u have ur petetion letter
Me : Sir it is with u only i gave it that one to mam before

he checked the petetion from the papers and got that

VO : Sorry for the inconvenience sir! You need to come again with the
pay roll information of all the employees in 2004
Me :Sir why are you insisting on my companies information .

VO:(smiling )sorry sir
Me: I have bought all the information u directed me to do and again
why are querying me sir.

VO:you have brought only ** W2 forms and we want to whether they are
being paid for 2004 or not

VO:you can come without appointment . Sorry sir we need to know every
thing before we can issue a visa to you

He returned all my papers to me except My degree certificate

Me: SIr my degree certificate is there with you only
VO :No problem I promise , I keep it safe here dont worry
(he showed me my degree certifcate kept along with visa application
forms in a file)

Me:can I get this information by fax
VO:Yes ,If You can get it by monday u can come on Monday itself

regards praveen

Hi Praveen,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I have a cpl of Qs -
1. Is your company a small consulting company? Do they have their own website?
2. Were you specifically asked to provide the W2 forms for all the employees in the company?
3. Do you have a computer background or have a degree in another field and are transitioning to IT? Is this your first h1?
4. In my friend's case, interview coming up before the 31st of Jan, the employer hasn't filed for 2004 w2s yet...they have till 31st to file and the company might have this info only after the 31st. My friend only has some w2s for 2003? Does it seem realistic that a company will share all the w2s? (might be more than 100 or so)
5. My friend's employer has provided the caompany's tax return details for 2004 as well as the company's 2004 profit and loss statement. Do u think these would be enough?

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Also, it seems like this is your second 221g...is that right? Did they explicitly ask for W2s for ALL the employees of your company? In my friend's case...the green letter that they handed to him just had a check mark against 'W2 forms for employees of your company'....did u have the same thing?

Thanks a lot for your help....my friend has an interview this week at Delhi..and he might face the same problem...he is going there after a 221g has already been put on his case...and all the best for monday!

Hapless! said:
Hi Hapless,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I have a cpl of Qs -
1. Is your company a small consulting company? Do they have their own website?
ans-->>>yeah but they it is genuine and had their own website
2. Were you specifically asked to provide the W2 forms for all the employees in the company?
ans-->>>yes
3. Do you have a computer background or have a degree in another field and are transitioning to IT? Is this your first h1?
ans-->>>yes and it is for first time
4. In my friend's case, interview coming up before the 31st of Jan, the employer hasn't filed for 2004 w2s yet...they have till 31st to file and the company might have this info only after the 31st. My friend only has some w2s for 2003? Does it seem realistic that a company will share all the w2s? (might be more than 100 or so)
ans-->>>no way ! company will send only little information or it is comanies will......

But the consular will ask one thing "it is already 2005 how come ur company dont have the w2 forms for even 2003"

then u need to tell convincingly that my employer dont want to disclose every information like that you have to convince him

5. My friend's employer has provided the caompany's tax return details for 2004 as well as the company's 2004 profit and loss statement. Do u think these would be enough?
ans-->>> i was asked
1)w2 for all employees
2)annual report
4)income tax returns for 3 years
5)photographs , brouchers

praveen.

Info for H1/H4 visit

Pay Stubs for H1B and H-4 Visa Applicants
©MurthyDotCom
Michael Thomas explained that they at the Consulate are concerned about a person who has failed to maintain status by not working or getting a regular salary or pay stubs from the present or former H1B-sponsoring employer. Most often, we see H1B and H-4 denials based on the employee's inability to substantiate having maintained valid legal status in the U.S. by submitting evidence of having worked for the H1B-sponsoring employer. If the H1B employee is able to establish that s/he has left the employer and possibly filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Labor against the H1B-sponsoring employer for having failed to pay the required prevailing wage, such factors will be taken into account in approving or granting the H1B or H-4 visa with a subsequent employer.

Submit Brief Cover Letter to Visa Officer
©MurthyDotCom
Whenever one applies at a consulate for a visa, whether a B-1, H1B, H-4, L-1, L-2 or any other visa, it is very important to submit a cover letter. The letter should briefly highlight the nature of the visit, reason for the travel, any job duties, the length of the assignment, and other relevant information for the particular visa application. The letter should preferably be less than one page. One suggestion is the use of bullet points to make it easier for the visa officer to understand, at a glance, the purpose of the visit and other relevant factors.
©MurthyDotCom
In a case like an H1B or L-1, which involves an employer, the letter should outline the background of the employer; their policies for recruitment, hiring, and training; and why they have confidence in the person whom they have hired. A separate paragraph should touch upon the job duties and qualifications of the applicant.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_checon.html
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_conmee.html
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_consme.html

221 g bitten

221 g

Hi,
My name is Pavan Right now I am in India and have a query on my H1B.

My case:

I went to delhi for H1B stamping on september 13 and the consulate asked me to get some papers which i happen to take on sept 30 2004 and the consulate has placed a query of Administrative processing on H1B and it has been already 6 months and i havent recieved any mail from us consulate from delhi regarding my case. I have done my masters from usa and came for a h1b stamping to india.( change of status from f1 to h1)

My questions are:

1. What is administrative processing and it takes how many days ?

2. Is it possible for me to go to chennai when my administraive processing is going on?

Type of Visa: H1B
Consulate attended: Delhi
Dates attended: Sept 13, 2004 and Sept 30, 2004
Type of Query: US employee check
Documents with the consulate:
1. LCA
2. I129 Petition
3. W2 of all the employees
4.Experience letters
5.Company contracts

waiting for the reply from consulate from past 6 months

Contact no : ( local) 9848803358 ( Hyderabad No:) Email : kandarpa_99@yahoo.com