221g refusal on H1B revalidation from Dept of State.planning to go to Matamoros,Mexic

chics

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

I got 221g from Dept of State in July 2004.I have 2 passports, but i have sent the latest passport for stamping. I got 221g with "Cancelled without Prejudice" on my expired visa which was valid till May 2004.

My GC in final stages( Recently i contacted INS to find about my I-485 status and i got email response from INS "awaiting for supervisor review , Service is wating for Visa number ). Now i am planning to go to Matamoros , Mexico for visa stamping, because i planning for marriage in INDIA.

In DS-156 --> Do i have to "Yes or No" to the question Have your visa ever been Cancelled.If "Yes" what i have to write.

I also have approved EAD and Advacne Parole ( Travel document ). If just in case my H1 is refused, Can i enter into US with Travel Document

I am sure some one from this forum already gone through same situation.

Please respond immediatly.

Thanks in Advance

Your visa was "Cancelled without prejudice". There was still a cancellation involved. So answer "yes" and add a footnote.
Your Advance Parole is tied to your pending I-485. It is independent of your attempt to get an H-1B visa. So the answer to your question is "Yes you may use your AP to re-enter the US".
Good luck!!!