221G - Kolkata Consulate

bkarthikisc

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

I had attended my H1 Visa interview at the Kolkata consulate on the 20th of october. my application was held on hold and 221(g) form was issued. They had taken all my originals and returned my passport.

The VO asked me to get in touch with them after a months time. I called them up a number of times but till now my application is under pending status.

How long does it take for them to complete the administrative processing. What is the contact number of DOS? Pls help

bkarthikisc said:
Hi all

I had attended my H1 Visa interview at the Kolkata consulate on the 20th of october. my application was held on hold and 221(g) form was issued. They had taken all my originals and returned my passport.

The VO asked me to get in touch with them after a months time. I called them up a number of times but till now my application is under pending status.

How long does it take for them to complete the administrative processing. What is the contact number of DOS? Pls help

Out of curiosity, was your case a new / First-time H-1B? Please go through the following thread in Murthy Forum. This may have the answer.

Differnet colours of 221G?

What is the logic behind the different colour of 221Gs - have heard of blue, white, yellow & pink!!!